Welcome to Beacon Hills, California

"Ladies and gentlemen the current time is 6:38 a.m. We'll be landing in Beacon Hills, California in about a half an hour. Until then enjoy the rest of your flight." I heard the pilot say over the monitor, interrupting my nap. I opened my eye lids automatically looking out the window. I saw clouds and it was bright outside. I sat up stretching my arms and legs before my stomach growled. I hoped nobody heard that because that was pretty loud..

        Reaching for my backpack on the seat next to me I pulled out the bag of chocolate chip cookies Ms. Nancy gave me before I left, and the letter my grandmother wrote to me. I opened the bag of cookies grabbing one from the bag. I stuffed the rest of the cookies into my backpack while balancing my cookie on my right thigh. Once I was finished I held the cookie in my hand while I adjusted my butt on my seat. As soon as I got comfy I unfolded the letter and took a bite from the cookie. The chocolate chip cookie melted in my mouth creating the perfect amount of sweetness. I love Ms. Nancy's cookies so much. I looked at the old letter and finally began reading it.

        To my dearest granddaughter Roselynn,

As you are reading this you are probably on the plane ride to Beacon Hills. You might be wondering about our family or why in the world do you have rainbow coloured eyes. Well my best friend or your neighbor Elisabeth Nancy might of all ready told you a few things. Like how our family carries the gift of time keeping, and how your father and I were spell bounders. You must understand that you could be the only time keeper left in existence. We'll just have to find out on your 16th birthday. When the clock strikes 6:00 p.m. on April 25th we'll know for sure if you're the next time keeper. Anyways you're also a spell bounder too. The book Ms. Nancy gave you should have a list of spells and potions at the back. Now as for your rainbow eyes I'm not really sure why you have them. Although later in life you'll find out. I gave you the necklace to protect you from danger. The necklace provides you with quick healing and alerts you from anything supernatural. It was a gift that has been passed down from generations to generations. I didn't give the necklace to your father because he wasn't the next time keeper. Even though we don't know for sure about you, I knew I had to pass it down to you. Now I sent you to Beacon Hills because you needed to get as far as you can from William. In addition Deaton, Ms. Nancy's son, lives there. Deaton will help you train and prepare you when it's the right time to face William. This may all be overwhelming at first but later on you'll understand. I can not tell you who to trust and who to not trust, you'll just have to find that out for yourself. Stay strong Roselynn, I believe in you.

                        With love, Ella Olsen

        I brushed my fingertips lightly over the my grandmother's name, then folded the letter placing it back into my backpack. "Attention ladies and gentlemen we are now ten minutes away from Beacon Hills, California. I repeat ten minutes. At this time the captain should be flashing on the seatbelt signal meaning it is time to buckle up your seatbelt." Like the voice said, the seatbelt signal light glowed as I buckled on my seatbelt. I placed my backpack under my seat, cuttled my teddybear, and focused my view to the window.

        The flight attendants walked down the aisles of the plane asking if I had any garbage. I shook my head no then returned my attention towards the window.

        "Attention ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Beacon Hills, California. The date today is Sunday January 18th, the current time is 7:18 a.m., and the current temperature is 78 degrees fahrenheit. The sky is clear from clouds making the sun shine beautifully bright, with little breezes. Lastly we are approximately three minutes away from landing and at this time turn off any electronic devices, place your carry on bags underneath your seat, and fold back your tray if you used one."