Chapter 2: Making her new room<3

We entered the store with her new bedroom idea in our minds. We needed the black furniture, the teal colored paint and tones of toys. I had a TV ordered in the car and it would be set up as soon as we got home.

I walked down the aisles, looking for the perfect crib. There was square ones, which I didn’t like and I sighed. I wouldn’t find the perfect one, until Eleanor pointed out and black circle crib that swung open. I smiled and wrote the number down on our paper.

Later, we found a black dresser with teal nobs, and a few toy bins. The furniture was finished. Eleanor had taken a look at her sizes and went off to pick out some PJs, shirts, shorts, skirts, pants and whatever else she needs for living with us now.

I paid, listening to her call me daddy in my head. It felt so wonderful to make this little girl happy. I smiled, paid and went home to set up.

~~~ 

Hours. It took me hours to set up all that stuff after the paint crew was done painting and super drying the room. I placed the crib under the big window, the dresser on the left side of that and the toy bins on the right. Eleanor had washed all her clothes and folded them, putting them in her closet and dresser. I was so tired. It was 4 am when we finished and climbed in to our bed down the hall.

We lay for a bit, both now wide awake. Thinking about our new daughter. We both spoke up at the same time.

“How are we going to raise her?” We both asked and laughed. “Like, how will we punish her?” Eleanor asked. I thought about how I was raised and how Zayn and the rest of the guys had talked about punishing their children. “Well, time outs. She’s 2, it’s easy or maybe…” I stopped myself. “I was spanked as a kid, I think that would be fine. Every time she misbehave, 2 pops on the bum, that wouldn’t hurt her” Eleanor took the words from my mouth. I nodded in the dark and agreed.

I smiled, falling into a peaceful sleep…