Chapter 11- Mother definitely doesn't know best.

Not edited

I woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon cooking on the stove, the scent wafting into the room from kitchen. It was most probably Max since my parents could cook about as well I could, which was not at all. I stretched out all four of my limbs and felt around for my phone which was hidden slyly beneath my pillow by Brandon. I grabbed the head phones which were wrapped around it firmly, reached under and pulled it out, switching it on and waiting for the small apple logo to disappear.

I looked around for Brandon only to realise he was long gone, my bedroom door was open as well as the apartment door, which meant my mum or dad had been in here since they were the only ones who could open it. The wallpaper on my phone then came to light, displaying a picture of Serina, Sophie and I with Tyler and Max smiling in the background of my room. I smiled sadly and quickly slid my phone open, typing in my passcode and going to my photos; scrolling up until I got to a picture of Max and I sprawled out on my bed with me poking the side of his face and him squinting with a goofy grin placed casually on his face. I selected it and put it as my lock screen and home screen. I didn't need to see Tyler, Sophie and Serina whenever I unlocked my phone, too many bad memories, I was already dreading the sight of Tyler in a few days.

I checked my social media and quickly replied to the few 'good luck in the states' and 'we'll miss you's before skimming my YouTube feed and deciding there was nothing to watch except a 35 minute long video that I would surely watch when I was bored.

I sighed and tossed my jet black source of warmth off of me, standing up onto the cold wooden floors and stretching my arms up into the air until I heard a satisfying crack from my back and neck. I trudged into my bathroom and looked around for a toothbrush until my eyes landed on the baby pink one I had left in a glass on the side of the sink the last time I was here. It was old with toothpaste still encrusted into its bristles, now dry and cracked. The toothbrush itself was for a toddler with thin bristles and a tiny body that stretched out into a point. I grunted and realised this had been the toothbrush the orthodontist had given me the day after I got braces.

This will never do.
I thought, I shook my head and just grabbed some of the old toothpaste, squeezing it from the bottom until white sludge came trickling out. I dolloped some onto my finger and began scrubbing my teeth as hard as I could, trying to get some of the plaque that resided there, from the past day and a half, off of the surface.

"Baby girl! Breakfast!" I heard Max shout. I mumbled a quick 'coming' and spat out the ugly substance, holding my head under the tap and turning it on whilst cold liquid came spraying into my mouth.

As I was about to leave through the main apartment door into the pack house I realised I was still only in Brandon's shirt from the plane ride and although it reached past my knees I doubt my mother and father would approve of me galavanting around the pack house in my underwear.

My old wardrobe held no new fashionable items from the high street and my suitcase was most likely incognito somewhere in the house by now. Why oh why did I let that thing go into a moving truck.

I decided on just wearing some old grey pyjama pants with some batman socks that were hidden behind a pair of my mothers red stilettos.
God as if that woman didn't have enough space for her clothes.

I threw one leg into them and then began hopping out of my bedroom door towards the pack door once again. I had just managed to get them on when I fell to the floor in shock when I came face to face with my mother who had just came bounding out of her room from down the hall, engulfing me in a bone crushing hug.