Chapter 6- Zombies in London town.

Not edited
The transition from the woods to the roads was probably one of the longest journeys I had ever been on. Every time a twig would snap under my feet I would yelp, thinking someone had caught us and knew everything I had done the previous night. When we did eventually find our way out it was sunny, a stark contrast to the nights before when the rain had seemed to never stop pouring.

"For some reason I find you're a lot taller than I remember."

"I'm not any taller May. You must've shrunk."

"Shrunk. Me? Shrinking in size? Please if I get any smaller I'll be an elf."

He chuckled and hunched me up further on his rather broad and freckled shoulders

"A mouthy elf at that" I scoffed and hit him hard but he just laughed and carried on padding through the forest.

This had been going on for a good thirty minutes; us walking through the forest trying to find a way out back into London. But to no avail, we seemed to be lost. How many forests could there be in London anyway?

My whole body was still drenched in blood and the smell of death still clung to me, like a virus to the infected. I  couldn't think about the possibility of her being dead. Not right now, at least not until I'd got home and done some serious ground control on the nights events.

"I think I finally got us out." Lex announced, pushing aside a large branch with his sickly pale hand and revealing the hustle and bustle of the morning rush of London.

"Now all we've got to do is walk down the road without getting stopped by the police and pulled in for questioning."

"Sounds pretty simple to me blondie."

I scoffed.
"One, I'm not a blonde you imbecile, and two I'm covered in blood with no underwear on, or pants for that matter. While you're shirtless!"

He laughed loudly, drawing some attention from some passers by as we stood at the edge of the forest like a bunch of wild-lings.

"Please tell me you have better insults than that. I  thought we could be banter buddies Katherine."

I legitimately couldn't wait until I got home and locked my bedroom door so he couldn't pester me with his comebacks. To be fair he was doing me a favour by taking me home, and he did get rid of the....bodies. I guess I could put up with him for a while. I knew he was trying to help but I just couldn't swallow the fact that he knew things about me that I didn't. What I had done, who I was, and he wouldn't even tell me how.

"I'm gonna let the Katherine thing slide, just get us out of this forest without being caught." He nodded and pushed me up his back, my legs placed firmly in his hands.

"Your wish is my command princess." I  rolled my eyes and entwined my hands around his neck and pulled myself closer. We began waking around the outskirts of the forest towards familiar territory while lex was shielding us from the civilians around the forestry area by keeping himself in the shade of the trees.

I jumped up further on his back so that my legs were around his chest and my head was on top of his head, my arms hung loose around his neck while my body was up against the back of his head. It felt oddly comfortable until lex froze up and grabbed me, quickly dismounting me from his shoulders and placing me roughly on the ground by my feet.

"Hey! What the héll was that for Lex?" He shook his head and his eyes turned a solid golden colour, like syrup and honey wrapped up in one.

"You can't press yourself against me like that, or hold me that tightly while I have no shirt on and you're otherwise indecent with clothes." I looked at him in shock. Was the guy telling me to back off? I just wanted to get comfortable!