Chapter 3- All too much.

Mays  dress above ^ Not her in the picture btw.

"Girl we look fit as fûck" Serina said, observing herself in the mirror. I pulled at the front of my dress in discomfort, trying to get it to stop clinging to me so much at the bust line.

"Stop fiddling!" She said, slapping my hands away. I groaned and sat down at the makeup table in the corner of my room.

"I can't do this Ser, It's all too much." She raised her eyebrows and began rooting around in my wardrobe for something, throwing me odd glances as she did.

"Do what boo?"

"Everything! Prom, the moving thing, seeing my brother again. It's all too stressful! Not to mention the fact that I'm getting bumped up to a senior in high school because I've already done my finals." She laughed loudly. Pulling on some black shoes to match her short, gothic-looking dress. It had black tendrils falling from the ragged hem line in random places with a corset on the top, tainted in a copper red colour to give the slight impression of a vampire. It wasn't my style but Ser seemed to love it and it made her unique in a way.

"Look babe, you're gonna be fine. I'd come with you if I could but you know my parents; mean and insufferable. Besides you've got Brandon going with you, you'll be living for the American Dream baby girl!" She applied some black lipstick to her plump lips and raked her hands through her jet black hair. Adding some final touches to the dress and spraying some glitter on her body to give her that shiny gothic look.

She looked stunning, She always did. Secretly I'd always been envious of Serina's good looks, don't get me wrong I loved her but I couldn't help but want to be as pretty as her. Her hair was jet black with big brown eyes say deep into her face in an almond shape. She had a slim face with a sharp chin and a sculpted neck, she stood around 5 foot, only 2 inches shorter than me and was gifted with thick black eyelashes and rounded plump lips of the prettiest pomegranate colour, with a deep brown skin tone, showing her Indian heritage that she took from her father. She was beautiful in every sense with not an inch of fat on her body.

Whereas me? I was the complete opposite.
I was short, that we had in common. My hair was a deep brown colour that faded slightly to auburn during the winter. It was an unruly mess of tangles and curls that I struggled to style every day, I couldn't even get a brush through it, never mind style it. I had a small button nose and freckles dusted my cheeks and forehead as well as the rest of my body, Lord knows how many freckles I had on my arms alone.

My skin was a sickly pale and my stomach was jarred with small, round, ugly scars that I had obtained during an event a few years ago. I had a few spots here and there from time to time but currently I was spot free which was convenient for my prom night. The one thing I despised most about myself was my birthmark.

A red splotch that sat upon my left cheek that most people mistook for another one of my scars. A very few people knew about my birthmark. Serina, Tyler, my parents, Max and Gabe being the only few that knew of it. I distinctly remember children in my nursery making fun of me for it, calling me names and pushing me down. But someone always stopped them, told them off and shouted at them to leave me alone. I was sure it wasn't my father or mother but I just couldn't put my finger on who it was.

Serina's words seemed to finally settle in as I stared back at my bright green eyes in the mirror. Brandon was coming with me to America. I wasn't gonna be alone, I had him and Tyler and Max . I could do this.

"Okay, let's get to prom shall we?" I said, wobbling up in my black stiletto heels and heading for the door.

Serina squealed and ran after me.
"That's my girl."

Tyler and Max were at the bottom of the stairs, Max held a camera while Tyler held an iPad with my mum and dad's faces on it, as well as Gabe, Demi and Cameron in the background trying to see me walking down in my dress.

"Oh baby you look beautiful!" My mother exclaimed through the speaker, I got down to the bottom of the stairs and laughed, taking the iPad from Tyler while Max started snapping pictures of Serina and I.

"Thanks mum, hey Gabe, hey Demi, hey Dad and hello Cameron" I said winking, my dad and Gabe growled while Demi and my mum started laughing.

"hey hands off my man Missus!" Demi exclaimed pulling Gabe and Cameron close to her. I looked over to max to see his head down, his fists were clenched tightly. I wanted so badly to comfort him and tell him everything was alright, that he didn't need Demi in his life when Serina beat me to the punch and pulled him into a hug. As far as she was concerned Max and Demi used to date but he fûcked it all up and now she was in a ménage relationship with my brother and Max's brother.

"Remember what I said kat, no boys or drugs, got it?" My dad said, calling me by my old childhood nickname. I nodded my head as the doorbell rang and Serina ran to get it with Tyler.

"Oh by the way sis Bradley's pack is conducting a treaty with ours so there's gonna be a party the day before you get here. Just a heads up in case the place is a mess when you arrive." I nodded at my brother and looked to see Serinas boyfriend and my friend Joseph at the door.

"That's fine Gabe. Long as I don't catch any STD's by just going near the castle." They all laughed and my dad threw me a stern look through the screen when an unfamiliar voice called out from behind them.

"Is that May?" I saw a quick slice of dark brown hair and an eyebrow piercing before Tyler grabbed the iPad from my hands and quickly began to speak.

"Bye gotta go, nice talking to you guys and see you next week!" I presumed he ended the call as I never heard another word from the device.

"Now you kids need a ride?" Max questioned, looking to Declan and Joseph.

"Na, we booked a limo for us to go in. Ready girls?" Declan asked, pulling Serina to his side.
We nodded and I gave myself a quick once over in the mirror by my front door.

My dress still clung to me uncomfortably at the chest but other than that it was beautiful. It'd was floor length with a sweetheart neck line with a black colour at the top which then puffed out to a baby pink veil like fabric that drifted to my feet. I loved it and was glad my mum had shipped it over a few weeks ago from New York where she worked every summer. My dad hates her working there for too long. Too many males he said.

My hair was pin straight and ended at the middle of my back whilst Serina had stuck a diamond burette in my hair to give me that innocent vibe. I'd gone a little bit fancy with my makeup, applying more than I usually would. Foundation, concealer, mascara, eyebrows and the odd contouring was the most I ever did but for once I actually wanted to look pretty. I added some of my Jeffree star velour liquid lipstick from my friend Erin in a dark red colour and had outlined my eyes in a cat eye style with eyeliner, going with a simple brown and beige smokey eye with a tiny bit of black in the crease. All and all I was happy with my face, and more than happy that my birthmark was concealed perfectly.

I just wasn't happy with how the dress sat on my curvy figure, showing way too much cleavage and leaving little to the imagination. I felt as though everyone of my flaws were showing so obviously as you could practically see my the slight bump of fat on my stomach that I had tried so desperately to get rid of in the gym. 

Smile May, just smile and be confident.

I said to myself. I could do this.

"Photos before you go or your parents will have my head" Max said, snapping a few more with us while we headed towards the door.

"Now have fun but not too much fun okay? Remember we're leaving in three days Kat." Tyler said. I stopped in my tracks.

"But you said it was a week! Bran isn't home from Dubai until next week." he scoffed and walked over to me.

"Well then looks like it's just us three going. Your dad told me three days and I'm sticking to it. Now have fun at your prom, and I'll see you in the morning." And with that he shoved me in the limo with the others and slammed the door.

Asshole