Chapter 2 - Welcome To Hogwarts

........................................

YEAR OF PUBLICATION: 2013

"O! she doth teach the torches to burn bright.."

- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, 1.5

.........................................

CHAPTER 2 - Welcome To Hogwarts

~ R ~

With a flick of her wand, Renee changed into her colorless school robes.

She noticed that every student had their uniforms modified for whatever house they were in; the Ravenclaws blue, Hufflepuffs yellow, Slytherins green and Gryffindors scarlet. Looking at the other students who passed by, she felt curiously vibrant and gained a massive desire to be in the house that was perfect for her.

Renee got her trunk, picked up Louis and walked out of the compartment. As she stepped off the train, she caught the attention of a gnarly-looking giant.

"Firs' years, firs' years! Straight line, o'er there, right ahead," he loudly called them. "Hey, you! Miss, uh.." he began browsing through a parchment.

"Capulet." Renee smiled.

"Yes, hello and welcome ter Hogwarts, Miss Capulet." he grinned and shook her small hand, completely devoured by his large one. "I'm Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of the Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts. Professor Dumbledore told me ter assist you, but as you can see, the firs' years 're hard enough ter handle as 'tis." he said nicely with a sigh.

"That's okay, Mr. Hagrid, if you could just tell me where I'm supposed to head to, I'll be fine on my own." Renee said politely. After he hastily but kindly told her a couple of instructions, she finally bade him goodbye and went ahead.

Renee strode off to a narrow path, passing the great Black Lake. Finally, she caught a glimpse of the majestic Hogwarts castle. It was such a beautiful sight; the abundant towers and turrets were most prominent, and the windows that sparkled under the starry sky were simply mesmerising. It looked nothing like Beauxbatons' castle; the latter simply looked like a poignant princess' castle filled with flowers and vines, which had always been too lame for her taste. She silently thanked the heavens for answering her prayer, letting her study in this prestigious institution.

Hagrid told Renee to ride the self-pulling carriages which would eventually lead her to Hogwarts. The students stared at her as she rode a carriage in solitude once again. She stole a glance and could not help but notice the ever famous, lightning-scarred, bespectacled student, Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived. He was with a bushy, brown-haired girl and a redhead guy, who she assumed to be related with Fred and George Weasley. They were, as she heard from the buzzing sounds, fourth years. As the carriage took off, excitement completely took over Renee, though her apprehension did not spare her.

Finally, the carriage went to a stop and she took her first ever step on the stone floors of Hogwarts. While the rest of the students entered through the main door of the Great Hall, she peered towards the right passageway and looked for the side door of the hall. She was to wait for Professor Dumbledore to introduce her and get her sorted just as Hagrid had instructed. That thought alone had made the butterflies in her stomach flutter even more.

Renee anxiously put her trunk and Louis under a large wooden table. She peeked through the translucent windows and saw the magnificent, first day of term decorations of the Great Hall. She could not ignore the fact that there were thousands of candles floating above like levitated illuminators, and the four long house tables were there as she saw them in books. Absorbing everything, she looked at the professors who were in front, settled in their own table that faced the students.