Prologue / Chapter 1 - Leaving The Past

Author's note: Hello! I hope you enjoy this piece of creation that I have wanted to put up for so long now. It is updated every week, so stay tuned! (except exam week). - SemantRick, 2013.

*** Fanfiction COPYRIGHT 2013 ***

DATE OF PUBLICATION: JULY 2013

*Please do not lift actual passages from this book.*

IMPORTANT NOTE:
CHAPTERS 14 and 15 are currently saved as drafts because I am changing their Point-Of-View! They will be back real soon.

*Book 2 of this series is currently ongoing.

  •••

Disclaimer: Obviously, this is a fanfiction, and Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling. This story is non-profit. I did create the female lead and her story and adventures with Severus Snape. The story is partly AU and partly canon-compliant, taken from the movie, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (for Book 1), owned by Warner Brothers and screenwritten by Steve Kloves. For this story, I will be following mostly the movie version, but there will be times that I'll have to follow the book as well. 'Romeo and Juliet' is taken from the title of one of the greatest classic literary works of all time written by the brilliant William Shakespeare. The reason why I chose it as a title for this fan fiction shall be revealed in later chapters (as in the sequel).

Acknowledgement: I'd like to thank each and every author who inspired me to write, and Alan Rickman for bringing me into this magical world.

And now... let the love and adventures begin. Happy Reading! :)

- SemantRick

...................................................

R o m e o a n d J u l i e t

BOOK 1

...................................................

DATE OF PUBLICATION: JULY 2013

•••

P R O L O G U E

Frank Bryce winced in pain, waking up from his barely protracted slumber. His leg was never the same since the dawn of the Vietnam War and he was left with no choice but to live with it for the rest of his pitiful life. As he went to his kitchen to boil some water, he saw a flash of light occupy the Riddle House just across from where he was staying. A filthy rich man bought the house a long time ago and Frank's only means of income was by being the caretaker of the abandoned home. He immediately thought that a bunch of wretched kids were breaking into it again, and he rapidly made his way to dash to the disowned residence.

Frank got his keys and torch and stomped off the road in anger in the middle of the night. He remembered the incident of the Riddle family murder and how enraged he became when he got accused of killing the kin. The police assumed that he had to be the suspect since he was the only one who possessed a key, but as the investigation proceeded, they found no evidence in which he could be charged with, for the murder left no trace at all.

Opening the door anxiously, Frank climbed up the staircase as quietly as he could. Halfway through, he heard faint voices, none of which he could associate with children. He progressed to move and flinched when he made the stair creak, then finally reaching the second floor, he saw through an open door a short, plump, rat-like man talking to a deranged creature wrapped in a red cloth, sitting on the sofa with only its bony hands showing.