Hospital...

Please go to my profile and check out my new story I am just starting. It's called ***The horse I got for free*** I'd really appreciate it! Anyone that votes/reads the first teaser chapter I'll give a follow and promote the user on this story!
Thanks in advance!

The ambulance ride was short but it was due to the fact that we were going so fast, weaving through the traffic the siren on, racing against the clock to ensure someone safety and for a definite shot at a safe journey.

Maddie's p.o.v-

"Please April, please don't leave us..you have so much to live for" i cried holding onto her hand." I cannot believe something like this has happened, our best friend, and we had let her go out there with a stallion who was short tempered and unpredictable, but we still let her go out there without a body protector, it may have made the decision on whether it saved her life or not. And as for Hugo he was most likely going to be put down, the vet at the scene had announce that he had two badly broken legs and a fractured neck, but somehow he was still fighting, he came out from a life endangering accident fighting he wasn't going to give up, and I wasn't prepared to let April give up either...not now...not...never!....

*****************back to April**************************

I was rushed to Northbound hills hospital, straight to the intensive care unit. As soon as we arrived there i was strapped onto Hospital bed and taken to surgery straight away, on the way to the room all i could see was lights above me from where i was lying on the bed, and then there was the occasional doctor who checked my fluids and replaced the two drips they had put into my arm. Every time they changed it, the needle was slowly pulled out of my arm..it made cringe away from it when the needle went into my hand it made a disgusting squelching sound, although I couldn't feel the needle go in at all....I think even if somebody hit me over the head with a hammer i wouldn't feel it.

After being rushed back from surgery and into a private room where Maddie sat on a chair in the corner, sipping water anxiously. when i was wheeled in she stood up and came over to the bed, "You made it then" she said smiling, i gave her a weak smile in return.

This was all so confusing, no one would look me in the eye, no one would give me a straight answer about whats happened to me! It was like i was invisible....like if they ignored me i would just go away with no problems. I felt like i was in a bubble...a separate bubble from everybody else...not even Maddie would tell me what's going on, but I couldn't be mad at her...after all she did come with and has waited for 5 hours while i was in surgery.

There was a knock at the door..Dr Patel walked in with a big clipboard in his hands, his face showed no emotion, a blank mask. I recognised this as something he so obviously did when he was about to tell a patient some bad news, i knew it was going to be something bad but i was far from expecting what he was about to say...

"April, I'm very sorry but when the horse landed on you...he snapped your spine clean in half, however in surgery we tried to help it repair itself, but it did not work, we put two plates in your back either side of your spine so you will be able to sit up, but again I am so sorry the fall has left you paralysed from neck down...there was nothing we could do." he bowed his head and excused himself from the room.

While i lie there in the ugly yellow hospital gown, with the too plumped cushions and the mattress so thin you could feel the metal bars poking through it. I lie there big fat salty tears rolling down my cheeks, I cried and cried for what seemed like hours..The whole time Maddie sat there silently holding my hand...not saying a thing the whole time~she knew me to well.

I went back to sleep for a while, Maddie's mum wished me to get better soon..they stayed for a while before leaving. At last i was alone so i could just sleep.... I was just about to fall asleep when my mum and dad walked into the room pushing a wheelchair, "Hey sweetie, how you doing?" my dad asked me kindly. "Fine" i answered him bluntly...not in the mood to talk to anyone let alone them.

"Babey...why did we have to leave Milan" My mum said moaning at my dad.

"Because in case you haven't noticed mother..i nearly died in that accident and now i'm paralysed.But no mother you just keep on living your also perfect life." i spat at them screaming

"Bu...u...tt....hon...e...y" she said forcing on a smile.

"NO BUTTS YOUR SO SELFISH, YOU DON'T EVEN CARE..AND DO YOU NO WHAT? I HATE YOU BOTH...YOUR BOTH SELF ABSORBED PIGS!" I screamed, years and years of anger bottled up inside had finally been released.

"They just stood there shocked."

"You heard April, get out" Anne said standing there smiling.

She ushered them out of the room before they could say anything, I laughed at her..thanks so much Anne you should have seen their faces!" I said giggling. she sat on the side of my bed, "Okay on a serious note April..your going to be discharged tomorrow, and your parents have the first flight back to Milan early tomorrow morning so i was thinking we go back to my house in the morning, go see Ava and Bradley and do some baking and then stay at mine till they get back? Okay i'll leave you now get some sleep it's 9:30pm and I'll bet your tired." she said kissing me on the head.

I went to sleep that night thinking of how my life had gone from amazing with hugo and everyone, and then one stupid mistake and now i will never be able to walk again........

Liked it?Hated it? which ever one please please vote, comment, and fan. I'm open to good and bad criticism!;P thanks if you've been reading!

-Maia<3