The trail...

"shall we go for a ride then mads?" i said smiling, i'll wait here while you tack up Duchess.

"Okay, and i'll go get elly and gab."

*20 MINUTES LATER*

The three of them emerged to where April and Hugo were standing, when Gabby saw Hugo she gasped, he's beautiful she sighed stroking his face.

"You ready to get beaten then you three?" April said smiling at them cheekily

The four of them had followed the trails all the way up to the old mountain creek, if you followed it far enough it lead round to a soot path that people loved to use as a race track, and the four of them were just about to do that.

"Okay then the rules are.....that you gallop around the creek and behind the trees then basically it's the first one who gets back to this spot."

On your marks get set go, the horses went from standstill to a fast canter, pushing their heels into their horses sides pushing them to go faster, all that could be heard was the deafening noise of horses hooves galloping on the concrete pathway, a hiker stopped and watched with his dog as we galloped past him, racing around the perimeter of the lake, Hugo was doing well he was nearly a whole head in front of Maddie and duchess they were both leaving Elly and gabby behind them eating their dust, the faster they went the more dust was created. The sun was shining, our hair streaming out behind us as we galloped i lent low other Hugo's neck my head low by his ear, come on Hugo we can do this, i urged at him, leaning even lower onto his next so that there was no weight in the saddle making it dead easy to gallop at full speed.

"WOOOOOOO I WON!! hhahahaa beat you!" april shouted laughing, she reached the old twisty oak tree with maddie and duchess a mere second behind them, about 30 seconds later Elly galloped up on diablo followed closely be Gabby, we high fived each other as we did so i reached up to pat my leg strap that held my phone in it but came up short when i realised there was nothing in there, "Oh crap, guys i need to go back and try and find my phone it's fallen out of my pocket."

Dismounting i led Hugo over next to elly, handing her the reins " Hold him for a minute for me please."

I ran over to the ditches where we had galloped past after the creek, and sure enough was my phone, you could see it from quite far away due to the neon purple case it had on it, i jumped into the ditch splashing mud on my jodphurs and my face, "eewww"

whipping my hand acrross my face with the sleeve of my jumper, retrieving my phone i turned around again to climb back out of the ditch but something bright pink caught my eye, picking it up... it was a stack of brightly covered leaflets, on them it said....

                                                                         26th August 2011

                                                      BROOKE FARM CROSS COUNTRY EVENT

                                                          Brand new course, £25 entry fee.

                                                          sign up on the day!

> song on side as alwayss!

Smiling i headed up the slope and back towards the girls, look what i found i said showing them the leaflets.

When we got back to the yard we handed out loads of the leaflets to everyone, after grooming and putting the horses in their stables for the night. "Okay i'l see you tomorrow, to practice fr the event with Sarah tomorrow morning."

"Kay see you." we all agreed as we went our separte ways, i headed towards the car, hopping in i lyed my head back on the leaher seats of the car, exhausted as i was i still couldn't wait for the event...today was the 20th so that only left us 6 days until the event to train.

-please vote comment for tips, and things you liked!:D i would really appreciate it!<3

Long chapter as well! - Maiaa <3