Meelad. Meelad?

Peace be upon you. Please read the note at the end.

How grieved would the Rasool(*1) of Allah (saws) be,
Were he to witness this fiasco, its madness, see!

His death/birth(*2)-day objectified as an event of celebration,
With music and innovation, an abuse of his Islamic veneration!

How sorry would the last Prophet of Mercy (peace be upon him) be,
To find his 'followers' following them upon whom is anger; attributing him divinity!

Brewing up concoctions that originate in their heads,
A legacy of the stray, accurately tracing their treads.

How upset would he be to find his death an occasion for dance,
How heartless we'd be, under Shaytaan's(*3) trance?

How, when the stars, his companions, who loved more
Did never celebrate this day, shot sure?

What right have, then, we to call,
To adorn this day; wouldn't he be appalled?

And do we, who pride such in our Divine Deen(*4),
Do we practice all that should've been?

Isn't, now, this an innovation of which we were warned?
Shouldn't we be just, and not go by the adorned?

May Allah forgive us, and guide us the Path,
And purge us of our sins, keep us away from bid'aat(*5).

~*~

(*1)  Rasool: Arabic for 'Messenger'.

(*2)  The 12th of Rabi' al-Awwal is confirmed as his (peace be upon him) death day, but his birth was on the 9th. And Allah Knows best.

(*3)  Shaytaan's: Arabic for 'Devil's'.

(*4)  Deen: Arabic for 'way of life'. Islam is, in the Quran, always described as Deen and not religion, as it is more than just religious rituals, it is the way of life. And Allah Knows best.

(*5)  Bid'aat: Arabic for 'innovations'; the worship-deeds in Islam are to be confirmed by the Quran and the authentic Traditions of the Prophet (pbuh), or else they are considered bid'aat and are thus forbidden. And Allah Knows best.

α#β#γ

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

This day that some of us have taken up as an "Eid" should find verification from the Quran and Sunnah, as aforementioned. When the Prophet (saws) himself said clearly that we have only two Eids, who are we to innovate in the Deen? Did the Prophet (pbuh) ever instruct us/the Sahabah (his companions, may Allah be pleased with them) to celebrate on this day? Did the Sahabah, who are our role models after the Messenger (saws) and the Prophets(pbut), ever employ this celebration?

Islam is a simple way of life, gifted to us by Allah Himself. Who are we to add to the optimum and boast that we know what's best for us? Did our computers ever rebel on us? If they did, what'd we do?

May Allah Guide us to all good and His Pleasure. Aameen.