Third Miracle - December 22

Margareth put the last bit of juice from the jar inside her glass and drank it as Johanne came into the kitchen.

"Look at that! We now have the presence of a girl in love. She is so pretty." Gregory batted his eyelashes at his sister, teasing her about what his father told him last night when he asked how was his sister going.

"We already had the presence of a girl in love." Johanne laughed.

Her brother shook his head. "Jennifer is still sleeping, dumbass."
Johanne grabbed a toast and put some butter on it. "I was talking about you, dumbass."

Their mother sighed. "That's enough with the compliments. It looks like both of you are younger than Jake, by the way you behave."

While her daughter took a bite, her son stood up and said, "I'll go wake Jenn up. She'll be upset if I let her sleep past nine."

His mother frowned. "Why?"

He shrugged. "She'll be ashamed of sleeping late at my parents house. Her words, not mine." Gregory said the last words and he stepped out of the kitchen.

When Margareth stood up to wash the dishes, Johanne cleared her throat. "Mom, where's Jake?" The girl asked, looking uncomfortable.

"He had breakfast and went to the neighbor's house to play with their son. They're around the same age." Her mother answered and turned away from the sink to look at her daughter. "Why do you ask?"

"Oh, nothing. Just missed him bothering me." Johanne said dismissively.

Her mother raised her eyebrows and went back to the dishes. "Right."

The girl would never admit that she was feeling guilty for the way she had been treating her brother the last couple of weeks. Meanly after Gregory came home last night.

"As soon as Jake heard his brother's voice downstairs, he let his trucks aside to ran out of his room and down the stairs. He didn't stop until he had his brother's arms around him. Gregory had opened them as soon as he saw the little guy running towards him.

"Hey, buddy." Greg said while he kept his brother in a firm embrace. "You're so much bigger than the last time I saw you! Looks like a man now." He smiled at the younger one.

"I am a man. I'm eight years old now." Jacob said proudly.

Greg widened his eyes. "Wow. That's really old. I bet you can't catch me like you used to when you were five. Now your old and cranky." He pulled a face and put Jake on the floor.

"I can catch you. I'm really fast." Jake challenged . "And you're old and cranky." The little boy said, pointing to his brother. Gregory heard his girlfriend laughing behind him. Jake looked behind him and frowned. "Who is her?"

Greg kneeled in front of him and whispered in his brother's ear. "She a witch, and she'll turn you into a fish if she thinks you don't like her." Jennifer heard everything and slapped Gregory's head. "See? She's already beating me for telling you this. Run while you can." He widened his eyes and Jake did the same.

Jenn came closer and kneeled in front of the little guy too. "Jake, don't listen to him. I'm his girlfriend and I'm really nice. I have a little sister too, but she's a bit older then you."

Jacob looked behind them. "Where is her?" He asked as he glanced back at Jennifer.

"She didn't come with us, but you can meet her next time, okay?"

Gregory turned to her. "Next time?"

She blushed and got up. "Shut up." Jenn murmured as her boyfriend laughed.