L is for ...... liquor

See soundtrack :)

Okay, so maybe I seem like a ‘I don’t care’ kid, but I'm not! I care about a lot of things. Like dancing for instance, I love to dance, and music. Music is my life. I sing it, dance to it, laugh at it and feel depressed with it.

I care about my little sister Ariana and my older brother Caden.

Ariana is 10 and thinks she knows everything, she is also very cute, so everyone loves her. She can meet someone new and within minutes they are wrapped around her little finger.

Caden is only a year older than me, he is god’s gift to women, or so he thinks anyway. He is one of the jocks, he plays football and has girls almost hanging off him. Eww, it’s enough to make you sick.

Then of course there is me. In the popular group by chance, not wanting to be there and going out with total losers.

I don’t want to seem boastful or anything, but I’m not surprised we are how we are. Our parents are good-looking, and we've inherited that gene. Don’t get me wrong, of course we have flaws, but none of us had to exactly work hard to be in the popular group. They sort of…came to us.

Well anyway, I was defiantly going to be out now. I had humiliated Simon and wouldn’t I hear about it.

I was getting a cold so instead I walked along the sand the way the boy had disappeared. I didn’t go far till I realised the tide was coming in and I had to turn back to prevent being cut off. I made it just in time. The sea was beginning to lap at the boulders. Looked like we were in for a storm. 

I decided to head home. Mum was just putting dinner on the table. ‘Yum, re-heated leftovers’ I thought sarcastically as I sat down next to Ariana.

“Caden!” Mum shouted. A thumping noise came down the stairs followed by Caden.

“Eww what’s that?” He asked putting his finger out to poke the mush that was dinner. Mum swatted his hand away.

“Just sit down and eat, it’s just leftovers and it’s all your getting. I’m going out tonight with the girls and so I need you to stay and baby-sit Ariana.”

“But Mum,” whined Ariana and Caden,

“I too old to be baby-sat. I am a responsible young lady and I can look after myself.” She said indignantly.

“Your only 9,” Mum sighed,

"10" Ariana grumbled

Caden butted in then, “I’m going out, why me, can’t Callie do it.” he huffed.

It was now my turn to voice my opinion. “I was going out as well, to the same party,” I wasn’t really of course, I just wanted to get out of here.

“Fine then,” Mum sighed, “LISTEN, this is how it will be. Callie you can go to the party for a while, till curfew. Afterwards you can go Caden. Okay?”

She realised her mistake as soon as she said it. She shouldn’t have said ‘Okay?’ because it wasn’t.

“Mum that is so not fair,”

“Hey I’m only a year younger,”

“I’m not a baby.”

“11 is not a curfew it’s baby’s bed-time,”

“All the cute girls will be taken,”

“I need to learn to look after myself,”

“SHUT UP!!” Mum yelled making us all jump. The doorbell went and mum left the table to answer it while we started muttering again.

She opened it to reveal our next-door neighbour who hated kids.

“Will you please keep the noise down!” He growled, and with that he just left.

“Sorry,” mum called. She turned to us. “Okay, maybe I didn’t make myself clear, either you take my offer or neither of you go. Do you understand me?”

I don’t know why, but I said, “Mum, I’ll stay here. Caden can go the whole time.” Maybe I had a change of heart towards my brother, but most likely it was just because I was too irritated to care.

“Right, sorted then.” mum went up to her room to get herself ready.

Ariana just huffed and Caden had a, ‘I win’ look on his face. Without touching my food I went back upstairs.

The mirror still lay in pieces, I didn’t feel up to moving it.

I heard mum and Caden leave soon after, so I went down to check on Ariana and grab a snack. She was watching a documentary on the TV. I just shook my head.

“Hey Ari, can you put yourself to bed by 10.30 please. I’m going to bed now, okay?”

“Okay” she replied, not even glancing my way.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed some crisps and biscuits. Then I noticed the bottles of Vodka. I knew they were there, I just hadn’t thought about it. I realised I really needed a drink. I went upstairs and put on my I-pod really loud while unscrewing the cap. I took a swig and had instant satisfaction as I felt it burn my throat. I started to dance around and screaming the words at the top of my voice. I’m surprised the man next-door didn’t come round, but if he did I didn’t hear him. Suddenly a shooting pain seared through my foot. I had trodden on a piece of mirror. I swigged more of the vodka back and tried to get to the bathroom so I could wash my foot. The floor was a bit wet from earlier and I slipped.

That was when I passed out.

thanks for reading :) let me know what you think please! x