L is for .....

Chapter 1 : L is for........... Lies

 I looked out at where the sea met the sky, he had left me last week for the last time and he was not coming back. Even if he did I refused to let him into my life again. He was unable to stay faithful and not lie.

'Why do I always pick the bad guys' I thought.

Suddenly something on the rocks caught my eye. I was sure it hadn't been there a minute ago; though I was so lost in my thoughts that an earthquake could happen and I wouldn't have noticed.

I shook my head, 'Great,' I thought 'Now I’m seeing things.' I absentmindedly walked over to my bed and flopped face down into its welcoming quilt.

That was when the tears fell, or rather would have fallen if this had been a movie. I sat up. ‘Why can’t I cry?’ I thought.

I sighed and went to stand in front of my mirror. I stared at my reflection. I hated how I looked. Everyone was so superficial. Girls hated me and boys only saw my.... 'atributes' and not who I was inside. I used to have guys lined up to go out with me, but all they wanted was to be seen with me and once they found out my personality they dropped me like a stone.

Without moving my eyes from my reflection I dragged a stool over and sat down. I sat there for hours. I saw the photos of me and Simon tacked up around the frame. I pulled them roughly down. There I sat gazing transfixed to my reflection as I very slowly tore up the pictures and let the pieces flutter slowly and gently to my feet. When I had finished I put my hand on my cheek and then reached out as if to touch my reflection. I ran my fingers across the mirror tracing out the pattern of my face on the glass.

I moved my hand onto my face and traced a line where a tear should have followed. I closed my eyes and like all my movements I slowly and delicately let out a long sigh.

When I opened my eyes again I said quietly at first,

“My name is Callie Sterry and I am strong.”

I sat up a bit straighter and repeated again,

“My name is Callie Sterry and I am tough.” but in a louder tone.

Then louder still I said,

“My name is Callie Sterry and I am independent.”

I then stood up, holding the mirror in both hands I shook it while shouting,

“MY NAME IS CALLIE STERRY AND I AM ME.”

“CALLIE” my mother shouted from downstairs.

It startled me and I let go of the mirror. As if in slow motion my reflection fell to the floor and shattered into millions of pieces. I froze, unable to move.

“Callie, what the hell was that?” Called my mother again as she ran up the stairs. She came to my door and banged loudly. “Callie, open this door at once! What’s going on in there?”

Suddenly I snapped back to the real world. “Nothing mum,” I replied, “Sorry, just me being clumsy again, no harm done.”

With a huff my mother went away again.

My mobile went off making my jump. I looked at the name though I guessed who it probably was. My guess was correct. ‘Simon’ flashed across the screen. I put my phone back down, leaving it to ring. As I turned I paused. Then I turned round and snatched up the phone.

“Hello?” A voice on the other end said. “Cal, I know your there I can hear you breathing.” The voice drawled.

“What the hell do you want?” I said annoyed.

“Baby, don’t be like that, I’m, well I’m calling to say I’m sorry. It didn’t work with Lucy. I just kept thinking of all the time we spent together, all we had. Please baby come back to me. I miss you.”

I paused, “Simon, I…I don’t know.”

“Please,” he begged, “I need to see you, I…”

Something suddenly seemed to click together in my head. I remembered how I had told myself not to forgive him.

“You know what…baby,” I said sweetly, “GO TO HELL.”

I slammed my mobile closed, I couldn’t believe I had ever fallen for his tricks. I walked past the shards of glass and walked into my bathroom. I was so thankful for having an on-suite. I took out a bottle of brown hair dye and proceeded to dye my beautiful flowing blond hair.

When I was done I looked with satisfaction into my wall mirror. I then went back to my room. Again my phone was beeping, but this time with a message. In fact 5 messages all from Simon, and each one along the lines of:

Cal, baby I’m sorry. I screwed up, can’t you forgive me? I need you, each time I’ve left you I always feel so empty, I need you in my life, please babes. Think about it, there is a party this Saturday and I really want you to go with me. Reply soon x

A party, typical, he wants me there to show my off as a prize catch like the ‘catch of the day’. Well, no longer would I fall into his net. In my anger I grabbed a pair of scissors. snip. A lock of newly dyed hair fluttered to the floor without a sound. snip, a new chunk, snip, another and another.

When I had finally finished I walked over to where my full body mirror lay smashed. ‘Seven years bad luck’ I thought as I caught sight of myself in the shards.

When my mother called me down for dinner I announced that I wasn’t hungry. I went to bed early and lay there awake running my fingers through my hair. Slowly I drifted of to sleep with the knowledge that tomorrow there was going to be hell to pay.

                                                             ~*~

Okay guys, so this was my first Chapter on Wattpad. Hope you like it. x