Studying

Artemis' Perspective

"Miss Terrance, can you tell me what ingredient Mister Black is missing from his Wit-Sharpening potion?" Professor Slughorn tested his newest student.

"Well sir, based on the black color of the smoke coming up and the orange color of the potion, I would say that he forgot to put in the armadillo bile," Artemis responded thoughtfully, looking across the aisle to where Sirius was sitting. "So now, it seems as if he's created a slightly poisonous potion that would probably cause the consumer many days of stomach pain and headaches."

"That is absolutely correct Miss Terrance! Five points from Gryffidor for Mister Black's carelessness and fifteen points to Gryffindor for Miss Terrance's knowledge. You could learn from her Mister Black!" Slughorn said to Sirius.

It had been a month and a half since school began and Sirius was still annoying. She didn't mind him so much but he was persistent. "I would actually like to speak to you both after class," Slughorn said as if he was pondering an idea. "All right everyone! Enough of this! Please copy down the homework for tonight! You are to write down the ingredients for the Confusing and Befuddlement Draught with out using the textbooks and bring the list to class tomorrow. We will be testing the list by creating the potion on Thursday. Class dismissed."

The class began packing up and Artemis nearly forgot that Slughorn needed her. "Miss Terrance!" She heard the voice of Sirius call. She groaned and Lily laughed at her dismay.

"Good luck A," Lily said and pat her shoulder. "I'll wait outside."

"Thanks Lil," Artemis waved and Lily was out the door.

"Artemis, Sirius, please come to my desk," Slughorn said with out looking up. The two of them grabbed their bags and stepped to the desk at the front of the classroom.

"Yes professor?" Artemis asked politely.

"Artemis, you'll notice that Sirius tends to not pay attention or try in Potions. I would like you to tutor him," the professor said to her. Her eyes widened slightly as she glanced over at Sirius. He of course was grinning like an idiot.

"Wait what!" She exclaimed, with less politeness.

"You heard me. You two are to meet in the library twice a week, no arguments. You will help him review what we learn," Slughorn responded. "You are dismissed." Artemis glanced back at Sirius and sighed. She slung her bag over her shoulder and walked out of the classroom.

"What'd he want A?" Lily asked as they walked to Gryffindor tower.

"I have to tutor Black in potions," Artemis groaned, putting her head in her hands.

"Oh that's awful. I can't even imagine! It would be like me tutoring Potter," Lily said with a shiver.

"Miss Terrance!" Sirius sang as he approached the pair. He rested his arm on her shoulder even though she was only about two inches shorter than him.

"Arm, Black," she seethed and glared at him.

"I know! It is pretty muscular," he smirked, looking at his toned arms. She would never say it out loud but he was strong.

"Well why don't you use that 'muscle' to remove it from my shoulder," she said sarcastically and used her hands to put air quotes around the word muscle. He complied and moved his arm, though not happily.

"So how about that date tonight then?" He smirked.

"It'a not a date you dimwit! It's a tutoring session," she said and scowled at him.

"What ever you say," he sang.

"Ugh! Just meet me in the library after dinner and don't be late!" She snapped and walked off with Lily. Sirius however stood in the middle of the hallway with a stupid grin on his face as he watched her receding figure. She was beautiful.