Starbucks & Superhero's

TRISH'S POV

I woke up the next day to my alarm going off, with that annoying beeping sound. I rolled out of bed, literally. I got off the ground rubbing my eye's tiredly, and grabbed a pair of light wash skinny jeans, a black tank top and a knit sweater from Aritzia.

I walked into my bathroom across the hall to take a shower, do my hair and all that jazz.. I stripped down and quickly jumped into the warm water, I instantly became more awake and calm. I stayed in the shower for a good twenty minutes, and for me that's a long time. I dressed in my clothes I had picked out, blow dried my hair and straightened it.

I put on my usual makeup, and rushed to the kitchen to grab some breakfast before Beau came to get me for school. I rushed past my mother and towards the fridge, grabbing the orange juice not bothering to pour it in a glass before I drank it.

"Good morning to you too." My mom mumbled walking back to the table with her mug of coffee," And that's gross, use a cup Trish." She said the last part looking at the paper in front of her.

"It's not like you ever have orange juice anyway," I said taking another swig."Not like anyone else lives here either." I mumbled, but its true its just me and my mom. My father left my mother for another woman long ago, meaning I was the only child they got to have. It kind of suck's sometimes and its hard for my mom, even though we live in a pretty tiny apartment. No joke, i'm pretty sure there's like a meth lab in this apartment building, not the nicest place.

But I would rather live here than with that bastard I call father, even though I have no memories or pictures of him I know enough to hate him. I heard a honk from outside, I looked out the window to see Beau's truck below, I grabbed my satchel slipping on my brown UGG's grabbing a piece of toast. I took one last look in the mirror, I looked decent today I guess. I did try a little because I straightened my hair, which only meant I didn'thave time to properly eat breakfast. Beau alway's say's my hair looks better straight, and today I have to agree. Because it's not slightly curled, my hair was now a couple inches longer. I yelled a bye to my mother, and hurried out the door basically jogging to Beau's truck.

"Heat!" I exclaimed after I jumped into Beau's truck, I put my bag at my feet and looked over at Beau who was giving me a odd look."What its cold outside." I said shrugging.

"You were outside for like two seconds." He told me, now smiling crookedly at me.

"Still cold." I said as a matter of factly, and smiled back at him. He poked my cheek, again. "Just drive before were late."

"We have lots of time, I came early today. But you obviously didn't notice..." He trailed off, I looked down at the clock on the dash board to see that we still had a half hour before we had to be at school.

"Why did you come so early. I didn't even have a chance to properly eat breakfast." I said waving the piece of toast I grabbed that wasn't even toasted.

"Calm down, we'll go to Starbucks and you can get something." He said pulling out of the drive way, I mumbled ok and looked out the window until we got to Starbucks.

"Your paying right because I don't have any money." I said smiling sweetly at him.

"Of course m'lady." He said doing a little bow, I rolled my eye's as he grabbed his wallet  getting out of the truck. I mimicked him and hoped out. We walked into the building and I instantly smelt the aroma of coffee obviously, it was really busy today too.

We took a spot at the back of the line, and I looked at the people standing in line in front of us. There were 3 women, 2 men, and 1 other teenager. The men all looked like they were on their way to work and the women looked similar.