Chapter 1: Running Like Hell

Ryan

'Oh my gosh. Why won't they leave me alone.' I thought to myself.

'Maybe because you shot at his foot!' This annoying voice said.

I don't know where it comes from, but a week after I turned seventeen, it started talking to me. It won't tell me who or what it is and it only pops up in my head when I'm in a bad situation. Whether I'm hurt, in trouble, or I'm torn between two decisions.

'Seriously. Please tell me who you are!'

'You will find out soon enough Ryan.' And with that, it left. I think it's a girl, because it sounds like a girl. I'm just gonna call her Missy. I'm tired of calling it "That Voice."

'I guess I can handle that name. It's better than 'that voice' you always called me.' I rolled my eyes at her.

I looked behind me and saw the two wolves a couple yards behind me. I don't know how, but I could run pretty fast. And I don't even know why they got pissed me in the first place. The one said something about a rogue. But before he could explain anything, I shot and ran.

I came up to a small clearing and looked around. I heard a low growl and slowly turned around. 

"What the hell do you want with me? And why did you call me a rogue?" I yelled at them.

The two wolves shifted and I turned around so they could put clothes on.

"My name is Jake. I'm the beta of the Rising Moon Pack. And this is Max. He's third in command. Why are you trespassing rogue?" Jake said growly.

"For one, I didn't know I was trespassing! And two, what is a rogue?"

"A rogue is a werewolf without a pack. They are scums, low-life creatures. And why do you have hunting gear?"

"But I'm not a werewolf!"

"Whatever. I'll just ask the alpha what he wants to do with you. Now answer my question. Why do you have hunting gear?"

I felt unshed tears coming through and I quickly looked down. I fell to my knees and started crying.

I heard someone come near me and I flinched when they touched my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Max asked me with concern.

"The reason I have to guns is because of what happened seven years ago. I was ten at the time, and I didn't know what was going on until later that night." I said crying.

Now Jake came over. He looked interested in my story now.

"What happened seven years ago- uh. What's your name?" Jake asked me.

"Ryan Turner."

"Okay Ryan, what happened when you were ten?"

I told them both to sit down and I told them the story. About how my parents were killed and I found out how my parents and grandma were werewolves. Then she gave me the guns and told me to be careful on my journey.

Max had tears in his eyes and pulled me into a hug. Jake sat there deep in thought.

I also told them how I met nice werewolves so I will only shoot if they make a threat.

"So is that why you shot at me?" Jake asked me.

"Yes. I'm sorry, but I've been attacked before and that's why I shot at you. When you took a step towards me I got scared and panicked. I thought you were going to attack me because its happened before. I'm sorry Jake. But I need to leave." I said while getting up.

"Ryan!" Jake called to me. I turned around and raised my eyebrow at him, waiting for him to continue. "You can't leave. It's the rules. You shot at a beta."

I groaned.

"Don't worry the alpha is on his way." I stiffened when he said alpha.

The alpha of that pack is the one that killed my parents while the other two watched and did nothing. Jake gave me a weird look and I started shaking in anger. I heard a twig snap behind me and my first instinct was to grab the gun and get ready to cock it.

Jake took the gun from my hands and shook his head. I looked at him worried and he looked confused. I never told him that it was the alpha who killed my parents. Truthfully, I'm scared of all alphas of because of what happened.

A gorgeous man came out from the trees. He had blonde hair, electric blue eyes, his skin was perfectly tan, and he had an 8-pack. I only know this because his shirt was off.

He looked up and I quickly looked down.

"Alpha Finn." when Jake said his name, I got this weird warm feeling. "This is Ryan Turner."

I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw him shiver. I don't know why, it's really warm outside. It's not cold at all. But maybe that was just because I was running like hell from Jake and Max.

The Finn guy approached me and stopped. "Ryan." I shivered when he said my name.

What is happening too me?

'Hahaha! This is gonna be good!' Missy said.

'What are you talking about Missy?'

'You'll find out Ryan.' And with that, she left.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." Finn said.

I took a step back and that caused him to step closer to me. He grabbed my chin and forced me too look at his eyes.

"Mate!" He said.

Oh hell no! My eyes got big. No, no, no. This is so not happening too me. It's bad enough that my mate is a werewolf, but it's even worse that he is an alpha.

I got my face out of his hand and I took off running.

I heard a growl come from behind and it was followed by Finn yelling. "Get her! I don't want my mate running away from me. If you grab her, bring her to me immediately!" This only caused me to run faster.

I looked behind me and saw them split up. This can't be good.

I saw Jake running behind me and I heard a noise to my right. That's when I saw Max and he has this stupid wolfy grin on his face. Well, werewolf face.

I turned left, but only to run into something hard.

I was caught before I hit the ground. Tingles spread up my arms where he was holding and I didn't have to look up to know it was Finn.

"Hello, little mate." Finn said smirking at me.

'Help me Missy. Please?' I cried out to her.

'Nah. You're good.' And then she left. I'm on my own with this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you think about it so far? Tell me what you think. :)

-Austin