Water vs. Shadow

**Spell Rules: In the magic casting, sometimes Kai uses a spell, sometimes he doesn't. This is based on your level of magic. Since he just became the Dragonclaw, he knows how to manipulate water without a spell, but he can't draw water from himself without a spell (if that makes any sense). Basically, depending on the level of magic it requires, he has to use a spell or doesn't have to.

Also, pumpkins, only play the song when I tell you to. It will come up *chuckles darkly*.**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hated the girl as soon as I was halfway through the poor side. Here I am, wandering in a practically forbidden area, looking for a girl who can’t even obey her King, when I could kissing a noble girl who listens to my every word.

This area is actually kinda forbidden to me!

What happens if some Wyvern goes outside, and they see me walking around?!

It will be all over the city, that the Dragonclaw was seen prowling around the streets of peasants. And then they’ll wonder why. Is it for a girl? Is he loaning money? Is he rebelling?

Ughhhh, my mind hurts just thinking about it!

Also, this spell is notorious for taking the longest route to get to the person of interest. The last house I see in this cursed place is probably going to be hers.

Finally, the ice came to rest at a house practically pushed up against the wall. I paused, almost pitying her, but then thought back to the way I was treated earlier.

Chizuru deserves every last speck of grime. After all, living in a dirty shack is better than living in a dungeon cell, where she would have found herself if she had kept talking. I’m, for the first time in my life, being merciful! At least I’m letting her spend her last month with her remaining family.

I leaned down and peered through the torn ruby fabric covering to be what looked like the only window in this dreary place. On the ground, a foot away from the window, Chizuru was sobbing. Her blonde hair fell over her face in waves, and her clothes were tear-soaked.

I felt happy in a cruel way. Here she is, the person who rebelled against me, lying broken on the dirt ground.

A smile crept its way across my face.

I guess she’s not as strong as I thought she was. After only spending one night with me, her resolve is already shattered. She’s just a little crying girl on the inside. A pathetic, weak-hearted one, just like the rest of them.

I picked my forehead off of the wall, and sighed.

There goes my entertainment for the next two weeks.

I began walking back towards my palace, but a wail from the inside of the house froze me in place.

“Soji!”

I flipped back around, my breath caught in surprise. Lying unnoticed by me, on Chizuru’s lap, was her younger brother, Soji. His skin was deathly pale and he was emitting a series of hacking coughs.

Oh.

So she wasn’t crying because of me. She was crying because of him.

My joy restored, I looked at the stone wall behind the house and made a mental mark where it was. Taking one last look at my little snowflake, I started running back to my palace, my speed rivaling wind. At last, I saw the upper class housing, where it would be appropriate for me to be seen late at night.

*Optional: Play song here*

I slowed my pace, and just as I reached the fountain, a dark blast of energy whizzed past my head, missing me by a mere inch.

Damn!

I spun around, the waters rising out of the fountain in an icy whip, swirling around my body like a ribbon around one of those dancers at fairs. Through the waves of water, I glimpsed who the attacker was.

Standing behind me was him. The one I hadn’t seen since I was eleven. The one who was banished from the palace.

Kaoru.

I moved the swirling water to my waist so I could speak. What had happened to him? When he first left, he was small and wimpy, a little brother I had to protect. Now, he looks like a Heavenly King, with shadowy mimics of my water twirling around his figure.

He didn’t……

“Long time, no see, Kai. Do you like how I look? I hope you do.”

He stepped into one of the street lights, allowing me to further see his newly changed appearance.

I drew in a sharp breath.

His hair was no longer completely white. Instead, it was black with tiny streaks of white in the front, like little clouds caught in the middle of a raging storm. His ears were pierced with charcoal black crosses and gleaming white skulls, and his outfit befit that of a well-paid thief.

Suddenly, everything clicked.

“Black Stallion,” I hissed, my voice full of contempt.

Kaoru’s mouth drew into a cruel smile.

“You noticed.”

And with that, he fired another ball of dark energy, glittering with shiny sparks of power.

I threw up the water wall just in time, and felt the impact resound in my body, the ball dissolving into thin air.

“My turn, little brother.”

The water remaining in the fountain rose up to form a colossal wave, stretching above the mansions surrounding us. With a twist of my hand, the water dove at Kaoru, forming into a point, almost like the end of a cone.

It hit nothing.

“Over here.”

I turned around, but I was too late. For standing on the top of the fountain was Kaoru, a ball of darkness flying from his hand.

I flew across the courtyard, my back hitting the ground with a sickening thud. My vision quickly going black, I felt for the necklace, the one that marks me as a Dragonclaw.

My hand grasped empty air.

“Welcome to your worst nightmare,” Kaoru whispered, and I met with unconsciousness.