Golden coins bring Frozen notes

The ice melted off my wrists, leaving only red marks behind. I slowly fell to the ground, the finality of what just happened sinking in. I had less than a month to live, and my siblings could be left alone at any time.

             How did it go this way?!

             I was stealing just a loaf of bread, a common day occurrence, when fate decides to take my life into its own hands. Why did all of this happen?

           “Azure Dragon, have you truly forsaken me? Why…why….”

           Sobs wracked my body, starting with a crystal tear, then eventually transforming into a desolate downpour. 

           *Clink*

           I jerked my head up. What was that?

           Pushing my tear-soaked hair out of my face, I looked down, and beside me, glittering with tears, was a handful of gold coins. Studying it further, I noticed there was a corner of creamy parchment underneath them. I slid the gold coins off, and picked up the note. On it, in fancy writing, said the words:

To keep you alive until I come for you-

K

            I crumpled the note in disgust.  Of all the arrogant, rich, spoiled, selfish actions….

             The gold coins shone with innocence, totally undeserving of the fate they were about to receive. I kicked them into the far wall at the back, the ringing satisfying my anger.  They dropped lifelessly to the ground, much like I wish would happen to their previous owner.

             Glancing at the darkened sky, I finally realized how late is was. The children probably feared the worst, and were expecting me to never return. I have to get back now before they do anything drastic. Yuki, especially.

              Running out of the alley, a flash of blue caught my attention. Pinned to the wall right before the corner was another note, but this time, it was driven into the wall by a glowing shard of ice, obviously meant to catch my eye.

               I ignored it, and walked right by it without a moment’s thought. As soon as I passed it, though, doubts started running through my head.

              What happens if that was actually important?

              It could say when he’s planning on coming for me, how he decided to shorten my time, if he’s coming for my siblings……..

              Ugh!

             Driven to the point of madness, my curiosity got the better of me, and I sprinted back to the note. The icicle drove into my flesh as I tried to pry it out of the wall, but I pushed past the pain and in the end, it dropped to the ground, shattering into sparkling fragments. As soon as I read the note, I felt my anger rise up again. This time he went too far.

Thanks for crumpling my first note. Now go pick up those coins.

Or else.-

K

                Yeah , right!

                Go pick up your own damn golden coins!

                I made a show of ripping up the second note, then grinding into the dirt with my heel. Now he’s spying on me. That’s just awesome.