Chapter 5: So I'm A Halfbreed?

Here's a headshot of Jerry 😊enjoy XP

Jasper's Pov:

I looked at guy with the short messy red hair and pale skin in a little confusion. It was strange in the least, he had help me for no real reason, he was similar to me in a way and he'd asked to be friends. Not that I hated the idea, it's just left me surprised.

", you don't think it's weird right? ," he asked, now scratching the back of his head.

", yeah it is ," I said plainly.

", Eh!? ," he uttered, then suddenly he became really down. I giggled to myself, he acted more like a dog then I did.

", it's only wired cause I don't even know your name, or how old you are ," I grinned ", you could be a pervert for all I know ,"

", My name is Jerry Jackson! And I'll have you know I'm no a pervert! ," Jerry's face blushed as he shouted out his words.

", ok ok ," I laughed, ", My name is Jasper, Jasper Calvine ,"

", I hate to ruin this touching moment, but do either of you understand what having a dead Phenix crystal in one's body means or the danger it can bloody cause ," The nurse asked, I guess he was a little annoyed.

", My father said that they were mostly destroyed cause they were bad memories of the deaths of our people," Jerry replied.

", as tragic as it is, they were destroyed them because the crystals were half of the birth of a Phenix, if said phenix was killed any way but naturally then the crystal would die and find a host to which it would cling to in hopes that it can live again ,"

", Your point? ," Jerry asked, seeming to be more the distracted.

", My point is that despite not being a phenix the crystal has attached itself to this boy, not only making it dangerous for him, but everyone around him ,"

", I'm sorry, but I've had this crystal since I was at least five and nothing has come of me or anyone around me ," I replied, taken aback by his words.

", tell me, as a child did you have mental breakdowns? Or heartaches? Or perhaps had any overly stressed body pains? All these things lead to uncontrollable emotions, the crystal in you pushed out your wolf that help you control your emotions, nothing stands there to stop you from losing control ," the nurse said with a straight face.

", how did you know I was a wolf," I asked, taking everything in.

", lucky guess ,"

", so we just need to find his wolf right? Problem solved ," Jerry added.

", No, if we find his wolf, and he somehow reconnects with it he could merge with the crystal, that would be worse ,"

", What!? So I'll become a hybrid!? ,"

", Aren't you already a hybrid? ," Jerry asked, I just glared at him before turning back to the nurse.

", It's not something we can change, removing the crystal would kill you, and even if we could get a another heart we have no idea what kind of heart it would be, be it wolf, human or any other creature out there ," The nurse explain ", over more, your normal wolf life died the moment that crystal touched your skin ,"

I went silent, my body was shaking and I could feel my blood going cold. I didn't want this! I never would have thought that day would have changed my life forever.

", can I please go back to my room? My roommate must be really worried ," I said with my head down, this was a lot to take in. What was I meant to do with all this new information? Was I meant to find my wolf? Wasn't I meant to find my mate and everything would go back to normal?

", Sure, here ," The nurse gave me the two bottles that he had been holding and sighed ", these will easy the pain if it comes back ," he then froze, before speaking again ", I'm sorry for this unfortunate information, Jasper, but most people who have been in contact with a dead Phenix crystal die of heart failure after a certain amount of time, you've had it longer then most. But that doesn't change the fact that your life isn't going to last long ,"

", What the fuck Mr Sew!! He's A Freakin New Kid!! You Don't Tell Someone That ," Jerry yelled at the nurse.

", No, it quite all right ," I said, just smile, smile and they'll all think I'm ok, that's better then bring people down too, right? ", I understand your words, Mr Sew, I'll take them to heart ," I smiled as got up and I dusted my pants ", there's nothing wrong with the truth, right? ,"

", Jas-per ," Jerry looked at me a little shocked, but I just brushed it off and smiled at him, no one could tell if it was fake or not, no one could.

", I'll be going now ," I waved as I left. Yeah, this was going to be interesting indeed.

Yeah, short chapter, sorry.

But what do you think? Is it ok? Is it moving to fast? Do I need to slow it down?

Please tell me, or just leave a comment, I really like hearing what you guys think X3

Anyway, bye for now.