Epilogue

As soon as I got in Zak's car, I felt like a heavy veil was lifted from me. I wouldn't have to worry about cleaning everything, making three meals a day for 15 kids, or the threat of being punished if it wasn't done right. I felt free.

“Thanks for adopting me. But what took you so long?”I asked Zak as soon as the orphanage was out of view.

“It's a long story.”

“I assume, since we're in your car, that you drove here, so we have plenty of time.”

“You're smart. Alright, I'll tell you. After I got back to Vegas, my boss called. He said that we needed to film a lot more episodes to make up for the few we missed because of the holidays. So, we went to 3 locations. After that, I spent the next month trying to get rid of the spirits that were following me.”

“I'm just glad you came back. I thought you had forgot me.”

“I would never forget you.”

We drove all the way back to Vegas. He told me about all his experiences with the paranormal. I told him how I survived all those years in that hell hole.

When we finally got back to his house, he took my luggage inside.

“The guest bedroom is now yours. You can have it redone any way you want,” Zak said as we walked upstairs.

“Are you serious?”

“Completely.”

I was utterly shocked. I had never had a real room, let alone able to design it the way I wanted it. I had a lot of things to do.

“What do want for supper?” he asked, breaking me out of my daydreaming about my future room.

“Uhh, whatever. I don't really care.”

“Steak it is then. I'll let you unpack.”

“Thanks.”

After he walked downstairs to make supper, I unpacked. I put all my clothes in the dresser, my laptop on the desk, and my art supplies in the drawers of the desk. I didn't know where to put my music, so I just threw it on the bed. Then I grabbed a sketchpad and pencil, and walked downstairs.

Zak was in the kitchen making supper. I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. I started to sketch out what I wanted my room to look like.

We ate in silence. I helped him clean up, then went back to designing my room. He came in and sat down next to me.

“That looks great,” he commented as he looked at my sketch.

“Thanks, but its just my first draft.”

“By the way, we're going shopping tomorrow.”

“For what?”

“You said yourself you didn't have much in the way of clothes or personal possessions, so I'm taking you to the mall tomorrow.”

“Thanks. You know you don't have to do that for me.”

“I know, its my treat. And one way of saying I love you.”

I smiled. I knew I would be safe here. Life could only get better.

-I may make a sequel to this book, so leave a comment saying what you thought of this book.

The sequel is called The Angel Emerges.