Chapter 3

I awoke the next morning to someone shaking me. I opened my eyes to see a tired-looking Zak.

“Time to get up. We have to leave in an hour.”

He walked out. I got up and searched my suitcase for something comfortable to wear on the plane. I ended up with black cargo pants and my “Dungeon Roses” Dungeon Wear shirt, under my Big Steppin sweatshirt. Wow. Didn't see that coming.

I walked to the kitchen to find Zak, Nick and Aaron eating pancakes.

“Don't just stand there, come and eat,” said Aaron.

When we were all finished, we grabbed our suitcases and drove to the airport. I went with Aaron. Zak and Nick drove separate. We got to the airport, got our boarding passes, and went and sat down to wait for our flight. I went to buy a bottle of water. When I came back, they started boarding the plane. Since we were flying coach, we were in the 13th row, seats A,B,C, and D. I sat next to Zak, and across the aisle from Nick.

During the flight, Zak didn't say much. He just sat there, with that pained look on his face. I couldn't figure out why, but who knows. I fell asleep about an hour in, and I woke up on Zak's shoulder. Aaron started laughing when he saw me wake up.

We landed. They had kept the location a secret so it would be a surprise. When we got off the plane, I noticed all the signs were in Italian. Venice. We were in Venice. That could only mean one thing. We were going to Poveglia Island.

That whole morning I couldn't stop thinking about what suffering Crimson must go through. Being a slave to that woman. It's fucking sick! It killed me inside to know that she had to go through that every day, of every week, of every month, of every year. It was depressing. I felt like shit all day. I felt so bad for that girl. When she fell asleep on the plane, I let her fall onto my shoulder. I fell asleep too, dreaming about what I would do to that evil woman, who put Crimson through hell, if I ever met her. When I woke up, Aaron was laughing and filming a vlog. I yelled at him, but I never stopped thinking about Crimson, even when we got to Venice.