Chapter 6

When I woke up the next morning, Zak wasn't there. I was a little concerned, but I shook it off. I went to change into a pair of black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt. I was just about to go brush my teeth when Zak walked in.

“I brought you breakfast,” he said with a smile.

“You didn't have to do that.”

“I know.”

I sat down at the table where he had set down the food. It was my favorite. French toast and bacon with a vanilla latte. I still cant figure out how he knew. Maybe it was just a coincidence. I ate in silence while he took a shower.

When we were both ready, we met the other guys down in the lobby. We were going to Poveglia to do more shooting today. We walked to the dock. Nick found our boat and called us over.

Oh God. I hated boat rides. They made me sick. Even if it was a short one. I started to get queasy. Zak noticed.

“Are you okay?”

“I get seasick really easily.”

“You can rest your head on my shoulder if you want.”

“Thanks.”

I toughed out the rest of the trip laying on Zak's shoulder.

When we finally got to the island, our tour guide was waiting. He didn't speak English very well, so I offered to translate.

The day seemed like it went on for eternity. It was nothing but interviews. I was amazed at Crimson's translating ablilities, for someone her age. And I thought about last night. Her voice. It sounded like an angel. I know that's so cliché sounding, but it's true.

It was a long day. I spent most of the day translating for Zak. We filmed the opening and background shots. When we were finally done, we went back to the hotel.

When we got there, the manager stopped us in the lobby. What did he want?

“Sorry to bother you but, there are a lot of people here asking about your daughter's performance last night. Would it be okay for her to perform again?”

“She's not my daughter. I'm her guardian for the week and I say okay but only if it's okay with her.”

The manager looked me in the eyes. “Will you?”

“I guess. But the only thing I have to wear is the dress I wore last night.”

“I can fix that,” said a young man with big glasses, as he walked over to me.

“Who are you?”

“I am Bouvier. I am a student at a big fashion school in Paris, but I am originally from Florida. I have some dresses in my room that I designed for an assignment.”

“Cool. Let's go.”

We walked up to Bouvier's room. Ironically enough, it was right next to Zak and mine's. He took me inside and showed me three dresses that he thought would compliment me best. One was an floor-length orange satin dress with one shoulder. Another was a knee-length strapless pink dress with a poofy skirt. The final one was my favorite. It was a floor-length, black velvet dress that had a low-cut v-neck and was form-fitting.

“The third one is perfect,” I told him.

“Just what I was thinking. Here, put it on.”

I grabbed it out of his hands and put it on in the bathroom. It was gorgeous. I walked back out to show him.

“Marvelous. Now, let's do your hair and makeup.”

By the time he was done with me, I looked like a dark goddess. He also gave me a ear wrap that looked like black roses curving down my ear with a red diamond in the shape of a drop of blood at the bottom.

The performance was another success. Standing ovations, flowers thrown, autographs wanted. I was happy to be back in my room with Zak when it was all over.

“Are you ready for the lockdown tomorrow night?” he asked.

“Totally.”

She sounded amazing again. I cant believe such talent can come out of such a small, young thing. And she looked amazing too. She reminded me of the woman I see in my dreams sometimes. She is a dark goddess, coming to save my soul. Maybe Crimson is that goddess.

We both fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows.