jealousy

Title: Jealousy (couldn't think of anything better tbh)

Genre: angst, fluff

Warnings: self-deprecation, Phil with a girl (phan is endgame tho)

Words: ~2000 yayay

Summary: Dan is sad when he sees Phil with a girl (never expect anything more than shit descriptions srsly)

Dan's POV

I heard Phil walk through the door, he had gone out to get us coffee, the sweet freaking angel he is. I was slightly impatient as he had taken a little longer than usual. I quickly became confused when I heard a second pair of footsteps and a small, more delicate laugh fill our apartment. "Phil?" I call out before rising out of bed and walking out the door of my room. I saw Phil and some girl walking to the lounge, with my coffee, but the thing that caught my attention most was the girl's striking beauty. She had long, wavy brown hair that went down to almost her elbows, I saw just a glimpse of her dark green eyes as she looked up at Phil, and her smile was wide and bright on her face, showing off just slightly crooked teeth. She had pale skin and rosy, freckled cheeks, and she was a lot shorter than Phil, guessing about 5'5" or 5'6". Her eyelashes framed her eyes like angel wings, and her curvy figure went well with all of her other features. I'd probably be in love with her by just looking at how sweet she looked, if I wasn't already in love with Phil.

Speaking of Phil, he looked really happy with this random girl, and I got angry. I know full well that I have no right to be angry, Phil isn't mine to claim or be jealous over. The worst part is that he knows. He knows I love him, and he doesn't love me back, unless he's hiding his feelings.

They walked into the lounge, not acknowledging me and continuing on with their conversation. I cast my eyes down and frowned a little, and braced myself to walk in there and interrupt them, I still want coffee even if I can't enjoy it with Phil while we talk and laugh, much like this girl was doing with him. I sighed and decided to go into the kitchen to toast me some... well, toast. I put the breads in their designated slots, started them, and walked back out into the hallway. I took a deep breath and walked in the lounge. I gasped quietly when I saw Phil and the girl's lips were connected. It looked quite innocent, but I was still sad. I cleared my throat and looked down. I saw in my peripheral vision Phil quickly pull away from her and his eyes were wide with what looked like... guilt. Probably not. Why should he be guilty?

I murmured, "I would like my coffee, thanks." Phil said, "Oh, yeah, its right here, sorry." I looked up and tried my best to look neutral, but I don't think the look in my eyes dissipated fully. I grabbed the coffee and Phil said, gesturing to the girl who was now looking at me shyly, "Also, this is Hattie. We bumped into each other at Starbucks, as you do..." he trailed off quietly.

I nodded my head and gave her a small smile. "Nice to meet you." She blushed and replied with small nod. She really was quite beautiful. I looked down and turned before they could see my sad expression and bolted out of the room, down the hallway, and into my room, the toast forgotten. I shut the door quietly and sat down on my bed. I bit my lip, trying not to let any tears fall. I sipped at the drink, noticing it was nearing lukewarm. I set it aside, undressed, and slid under my warm duvet. Duvets don't kiss pretty girls when their best friend is a few rooms over and also in love with them. I shoved my face in my pillow out of anger. I am so selfish. Phil deserves a good relationship with a good person. But I want that person to be me, not 10x prettier Hattie who he just met and hasn't known for 6 years.