+Fatal Attractions 7+

Sorry for the wait. Glad you guys enjoy it, some of your guesses for what's going on are good. Haha x)

Anyway hope you like it!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++Chapter 7: A trip to a crime scene+++

My breath caught in my throat as I looked at the tattered girl before me. The once so beautiful girl was now but a bloody mess. Her blonde hair was covered in dirt, leaves and blood. Her blue eyes were now a pale white, her lips were pale and cracked, there were deep claw scratches going from her temple to her chin; dried blood was crusted onto them. There was a deep, jagged cut that went from the curve of her neck down her chest; due to this, her right arm hung against her body. It looked like it was about to fall off. Her PJ's were also covered in blood and mud. The rest of her body had the same jagged claws and each one were covered in blood, but what shocked me most was that on her forehead, in crimson cuts was a "C."

I looked at it in confusion. Why is there a "C" on her forehead?

Suddenly a cold breeze came and when I blinked, I was floating next to the pine trees. I couldn't tell where I was, it looked like any part of the forest.

I watched in shock as a bloody, scared and frantic Lily ran under my body. A black shape was right on her trail following her so quickly it looked like just a blur. I gasped as the shape danced around her, blood splattered onto the red leaves. It was fall. I watched as her shoulder was given a deep cut that caused her arm to droop. I heard her scream one last time before her body fell limply onto a bed of leaves. A puddle of blood seeping beneath. My eyes became blurry with tears.

This was horrible.

The shape stopped and I was able to see a black coat, it looked similar to those demeantors I saw by the waterfall. The thing bent down and scratched the "C" on her forehead. It laughed before it vanished into think black smoke.

When I blinked again I was back on the ground with Lily in front of me. She was back to her pretty self but she carried a sad smile; I returned.

"I don't know why there's a C on my forehead nor why he killed me. I just know he loves killing and that could be why, but I feel there is another reason. I also know that the others he killed are also wandereing souls like me, but it's been a while since I've seen anybody. Lastly, I know nobody in this forest is safe. You must leave soon." Lily warned in a quick hush tone. I nodded, still in shock from everything.

Whoever killed her was a sick man.

"Lily, I promise I will help you find peace." I told her with determination. She smiled and tears fell down her face.

"Thank you Avrey. Now I must go. I hope to see you again." She said cheerfully as her image began to disperse into the crispy air.

When she was gone I went back to where Dexic was. I found him leaning against a tree with Thanatos on his shoulder.

"How was it?" He asked when he saw me.

"Sad." I replied with a frown. His eyes seemed to also sadden and he nodded stiffly.

"Were you able to solve anything?" He questioned.

"Just that they were murdered by a man." I replied with disappointment. He nodded and stood up straight.

"Well we should get you back to camp." He told me seriously and walked toward me and then gestured for me to follow him.

"Wait." I stopped him, he turned to look at me with the same somber face. It seemed he also felt sympathy for the campers and it was a subject he wasn't fond if talking about.