Chapter 23

Chapter 23

~Cherry’s POV~

Are you sure you’re okay? Everything is good with you and Niall now? Flora’s text lit up my phone and I sighed. She was texting me none-stop since I didn’t answer three of her calls. How was I supposed to talk on the phone when I can’t speak? I physically lost the ability to speak though, I tried to when I was home alone in the shower and nothing came out. I couldn’t even sing. That was heartbreaking. Singing had always been my only escape and now I didn’t even have that.

Yes Flora I am fine. Leave me alone! Xx

Not even ten seconds later I got a response.

Okay, love you xx

I didn’t even answer, she knew I loved her. I collapsed onto my sofa, digging into my carton of re-frozen cookie dough ice cream. It’s weird, ice cream isn’t as good after it’s melted and then re-frozen.

My phone lit up with a Twitter notification and when I looked at it I realized that it was Monday and suddenly I felt sick to my stomach.

I wasn’t sure what time Collin planned on coming back although I hoped that he wouldn’t actually come back.

Niall had asked me to go to his house today but I had to deny because I didn’t want to not be here if Collin was here for fear of what he would do to me. Especially if he found out I was at Niall’s. The thought made me shutter.

My phone lit up again and seeing the name made me smile.

Ryan: Hey, how ya doing? (:

Me: Hi! I’m alright. You?

Ryan: Good, been kinda worried about you!

Me: Awh how come?

Ryan: Well you were really upset the other day and I haven’t heard from you

Me: Oh, sorry! I’m fine. Just been really busy..

Ryan: Oh okay.. are you busy now? Do you want to hang out?

Well yeah I wanted to hang out with Ryan. He was such a nice guy. But hanging out with him would be a bad idea for two reasons. Niall wouldn’t like it and Collin could show up any minute and if I was with someone else we would both be screwed. Well what if I hung out with him tomorrow? No, Cherry. Hanging out with him is a bad idea. You don’t want to lead him on. But he is so sweet and could make such a good friend! Stop it. You know the consequences.

Once I finished my little internal battle I sighed and texted him back.

Me: Not right now.. maybe another time but not now.

Ryan: Okay! Just let me know (:

Me: I will!

I probably wouldn’t end up letting him know, just because it would be easier if he stayed out of my life… which sucked. Really bad. Crap.

I glanced down at the coffee table and eyed the key I had had made for Collin. I sent up a prayer that I wouldn’t have to give it to him and that he wouldn’t come back but after the last time I was having little faith in the God I had once believed so strongly in.

I was actually surprised at myself about how well I was handling what had happened to me. Aside for the whole not talking thing, that part kinda sucked. But it wasn’t like I was depressed all the time or anything. I actually felt the same until I started thinking about it and then I got a bit sad, and scared. But those emotions were mostly because I couldn’t do anything to help myself without putting everyone I loved in danger. I also wished I had someone to talk to about it. At least one person to tell who could comfort me and tell me that it’s all going to be okay and help me find a way through it. But I couldn’t do that either.