Chapter 5

~Cherry’s POV~

“So, Cherry where were you yesterday?” Flora asked, wiggling her dark eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes as I pulled out a pad of paper and a pan.

At the cottage. I wrote, then showed the pad to Flora.

“With whom?” she playfully raised her eyebrows at me again, giving me a knowing smile.

Who do you think?

“Hmm,” she sarcastically put her finger to her chin, pretending to think. “Was it an Irish man with blond hair?”

I pretended I didn’t know what she was talking about. I stood and walked over to the fridge to grab a beer, but just as I opened the door, Flora slammed it closed again.

“Tell me!” she demanded. “Did you guys kiss? Is he in love with you? Are you in love with him? Are you going to get married? Am I going to be the sister-in-law of Niall f-ing Horan? Come on Cherry, spill it.”

I shrugged my shoulder and opened the fridge again; this time I grabbed a beer before she could close the door again. I turned my back to her, smiling as I pressed the ice cold beer bottle to my lips.

“Cherry!” she yelled behind me.

Just then my phone buzzed in my pocket and ignoring Flora again, I pulled it out and opened the text which was from Niall. Except before I could read it, Flora pulled the IPhone from my hand and read the text first.

“You gave Niall you phone number? And he texted you first? Holy shit. This is literally a dream come true. I can’t even believe this right now. Niall Horan is interested in my sister. I’m about to have a fangirl attack. Don’t touch me. Don’t talk to me. Don’t come near me. I’m going to freak out,” and she did exactly that. She started screeching and flapping her arms like a bird while she spun around in circles.

I grabbed my phone which she had placed on the counter and started video taping the little show she was putting on.

“Niall Horan, he, holy shit, so hot. I can’t. Cherry. Somebody. I can’t. No. Stop this. Please. Can I be her? Holy.  Dsdnuafdu af fdjeainfsdd.” She screamed as she pranced about the kitchen. If I didn’t know better I would say she was possessed or something.

When she finally decided to calm down, that video was already on Tumblr. Within minutes I had twenty-five favorites, thirty-two reblogs and five new followers. I secretly hoped it went viral. Flora always said she wanted to be famous; maybe I could do that for her.

Then I read Niall’s text for the first time. It said: Good morning beautiful, thanks for a great day yesterday! –Niall xx

I smiled as I typed back: I’m glad you had fun! I did too, and good morning. xx

As soon as I put my phone in my pocket, Flora started screaming at me.

“YOU DID NOT FUCKING UPLOAD THAT VIDEO TO TUMBLR. I CANNOT BELIVE YOU DID THAT! IT HAS 102 NOTES. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?” I gave her the ‘sucks to be you’. 

“I’m going to get you for this. Just wait and see. I will get you.” I rolled my eyes at her childness and sipped my beer again. I wrote on the pad, we went horseback riding and cliff jumping yesterday. I passed the pad to my sister and when she read it she started gushing about how cute that is and begging me for details.

But just as I was about to write some details of mine and Niall’s adventure down, there was a knock on our door. Flora and I looked at each other confused; we hadn’t been expecting a visitor.