I've Been Waiting for You Chapter 9

Chapter 9

“Rain…”

I hear her call my name in her sleep. I open my eyes to find her sleeping beside me. Her head is on my right arm, making it a pillow. Slowly I slip away my arms and try my best not to wake her up. She cried like mad yesterday. I remove strings of hairs from her face. Her eyes are swollen and she looks like a mess. I watch her for a while, feeling guilt toward her. I’ve made her cry so many times. I’ve hurt her from times to times.

“Why did you fall for me ?” I ask the sleeping beauty.

“I hope you’ll be happy, even though I’m not the one for you.” I continue.

I put the blanket on her body and kiss the side of her head before I went downstairs and grab a bowl with cold water and small towel with it. Opening the door of my room, she’s already sitting on my bed. She turns to look at me with a weak smile plastered on her face. I walk toward her and place her bowl on the side table. I soak the towel with cold water before straining it. I grab her face with my left hand and place the towel on her eyes with my right hand. I clean her face and fix her hair with my fingers. She’s looking better now. After a few minutes compress with cold towel, her swollen eyes has reduce. I grab a bottle of water from the mini fridge and open it before handing it to her. She gulped down half of it before setting it aside. I hop on the bed and open my arms wide at her. She come closer to me and pres her back against my front. I’m now hugging her from her back. I warp her on my arms and place my chin on her shoulder.

“What’s wrong ? You look like a mess.” I said softly.

“Should I tell you ?” She chuckle.

“I’m your best friend aren’t I ?” I ruffle her hair.

“Mm…”

She snuggles to me and her hands warp my arms, making my arms tightly pressing between her waist and hands. Her head is now on the crock of my neck. Her breath brush through my neck, it’s steady and calm.

“So, tell me about that bitch.”

“What ?”

“The one who made you cry.”

“She’s not a bitch.” She smile.

“What is she like then ?”

“At first, you will think she’s heartless and arrogant. She’s very cold toward stranger. But once you get to know her, she’s actually not that bad.”

“Is that so ?”

“Yep, people might not notice that she’s actually very caring. She hardly shows any affection in public. But when you’re with her, you feel warm and secure. It feels like she can protect you from anything. I fall for that side of her. But her being cold in public is also her charm. She cares a lot about her family and friends. She’s afraid to hurt someone she cares about, but she wouldn’t mind getting hurt for someone she loves. If you stick with her long enough to get to know her, she’ll be your best friend for life. Not to mention she’s very smart, beautiful, and popular.”

“You make her sound so wonderful.”

“She is.”

Without me realizing, a single tear roll down my cheek. I touch my cheek in disbelieve. She looked at me with sad eyes. Creasing my cheek gently and wiping away my tears. I scoff at myself. Thinking how cruel can I be. You have loves me very deeply and sincerely. And yet, I can’t repay your feeling toward me. Such a wonderful person like you, why did you fall for me ? It makes me wonder.