Chapter 4: French kidnapping

Chapter 4: French Kidnapping 

 The Guest calmly walked around the empty, deserted cave like it was the most normal thing for him to do. He stopped in the center of it and shook his head. Raul had obviously abandoned the cave, clearing every single thing along with him. 

   It was just a couple of hours before the spies from the facility were caught, The Guest could tell. The smell of gun ammunition was still faint in the air. He was so close from finishing it all, just one click would've fixed everything and Team 133 wouldn't have died if he came at the right moment. 

   But the facility had sent a smart group of agents. The Guest had been unusually confident that the pair wouldn't find the cave and he could do it himself. But they were clever, and had managed to interfere. From a dark corner next to the door, he had been watching Raul torture and demand information from the kidnapped team. Team 133 were forced to help build Raul's project, but at least they didn't reveal anything too important before their painful death. He had come back the next day to the cave and sat in the same corner, waiting for Raul and the doctor to come, and to explain what he was doing while he secretly eavesdropped on them. 

   That's when someone sneezed. 

   He'd seen the whole fight between the two females and guards and how they made their lucky escape. Unfortunately for him, he only saw one of the ladies' face; the young Blondie. The other girl had escaped his sight, which left him with an intrigued impression. The Guest had managed only  to memorize her shiny wavy brown hair and beautiful curves.  

   The Guest took out a small circular-like device from his pocket and inspected the blue dot that was glowing softly on its center. The tracking device in his hands was indicating to a small tunnel underground. The Guest frowned for a bit. It didn't make sense hiding in a an underground railway or train station. But then again, if it isn't either then what else could it- 

   The Guest stopped his thoughts before smiling to himself. 

   He has his own secret underground suburb. 

   The mysterious woman flashed in his mind again. He found himself pulled toward her, for some strange reason. All of a sudden, he felt more determined than ever to find out who she was. And he thought he knew exactly where to go to find her. 

   Every women in town  was going there that Friday.

   He looked down at his hands, feeling the solid in his grip more than ever. The Guest gripped the suitcase in his hands tightly, like the world was depending on it. 

   Because, the truth was, the world was depending on that suitcase. 

                                                                                            ***** 

   I half walked, half ran, toward the boss's office, barely aware of the two women struggling to catch up to me from behind. 

   "Megan, slow down! What's going on?" Allison shouted after me, with Maria huffing at her side.

   I wasn't listening; I only kept striding toward the door in front of me. When I reached it, I didn't even bother to knock; I turned the bolt and opened the door wide before stepping in. 

   My eyes met dad's gaze as I said, "He killed the team." 

   The boss's eyes went wide before turning them away from me, his face twisted in sorrow. He stayed silent for a long time, so I walked slowly to the chair in front of his table and watched my dad's thoughts swirl around him. By the time he looked up at me, I knew he had a plan.