Chapter 4

I gripped the warm styrofoam cup close to my body hoping that it would share its warmth which I was so envious of.

" In here," mumbled a sleepy John as we enteres St. Bart's hospital lobby and made our way to the elevators.

A ding ccame from a vacant elevator to which we gravitated towards. Once we we're safely inside I pulled my phone out of my pocket, 2:30 A.M.

" Does he do this often?" I asked.

John let out a yawn and settled into a chair he seemed a bit too familiar with," Do what? Drag me to the lab or try to solve cases when we should be asleep?" he had found an empty spot on a white desk and proped his feet up.

" Try to solve cases this early,"

" Yes, says it helps him think better, whatever the hell that means,"

" This is off topic, but uh, you and Sherlock aren't a thing right?"

John threw his feet off the desk and stood up," NO! Why does everyone think I'm gay? I'm not!"

" Calm down-"

" Do I look gay? Do I because I would like t-"

" Stop," I placed my hands on his shoulders and gently lowered him back into his chair," No, I just wanted to be sure,"

" She asked didnt she," stated a baratone voice which could only belong to Sherlock.

" Yea,"

" There's nothing wrong with that remember?"

" Oh, shut up and get to work so I can get home to sleep!"

" He gets cranky when he's sleep deprived-"

" Which is all the time!" John and now place his feet back on the table and his hands behind his head along with closing his eyes.

" I'm not going to explain now, Quinn would you please come assist me?"

I stepped towards the detective who was in the middle of the room already taking samples from the head which he had carried in.

" I thought they were supposed to deliver-"

" People are stupid. I don't trust people with important things, here," Sherlock handed me a glass slide with a drop of blood on it," Would you mind running a DNA test and finding his blood type?"

" Okay, is there a specific microscope you want me to use?"

" I usually use this one, but there's one across from it so if you would like to use it you can, otherwise-"

" Its perfect, thanks," I smiled at him, then walked over to my station careful not to drop the slide.

I sat down on a cold black lab stool and began my work, adjusting the knobs just so I was able to see the sample. ' It never ceases to amaze me' I thought as I looked at the magnified blood. Within a matter of minutes I found his blood type and wrote it down on the notepad next to me 'O-' Next I began to treat the blood to find a DNA sample, and not even a half houe later I found my results.

Walking over to the head I reached out and plucked a couple of hairz out to run through the Masspectrometer.

Sherlock asked without looking up," What are you doing?"

" Double checking my findings,"

With that I dropped the hairs in testtubes and into the huge machine. Now all I had to do was wait so I removed my jacket and took another sip of coffee. Glacing back at my station I saw my notepad which I grabbed and took to my new location by snoring John. I searched for and found a pencil, flipped to a new page and began to sketch Sherlock. He looked so peaceful when he was at work. All his features were relaxed and focused at the same time which made him look even more attractive. His features began to pour from me hand onto the paper creating a beautiful drawing.

" Done already?" Sherlock asked as I handed him the results from the Masspec and my O- blood type findings which I entered into the computer to find who he was.

" Yup. Eric Weisman, 37, originally from Brooklyn, New York. Moved here 3 years ago and was arrested in 2012 for drug trafficing,"

" No surprise there," Sherlock said rhetorically now looking at me," and I remember hearing about him."

" Not there but here. Four days after he was placed in a London prison he recieved a call saying his wife had just given birth to a baby girl."

" So?" John asked, finay awake.

" So, he started a prison riot in the work yard causing the whole place to go upside down and he escaped without a trace. Never heard of until now. There were thoughts of a new drug trafficing ring involved with human trafficing but noone was able to get any solid evidence so noone could launch and investigation,"

" Until now," Sherlock finished my sentence.

" Yup," I let out a yawn.

Sherlock walked over to me and leaned against the lab table only a couple feet away from me," Hungry and tired?"

" Yea," I said, defeated from all the work.

Sherlock handed me my jacket and threw John's at him as ushered us into a cab.

Ever so slowly we made our way to a little diner next to 221 Baker Street where we ate a quiet breakfast at 6 A.M. I was very tired and Sherlock looked tired but did his best to prove he wasnt until we got insids his flat.

" Just stay here for now until we can insure your safety. You can sleep in my bed again,"

" Thanks," I began to grogily walk down the hall and as soon as I heard John's dood close I said," Sherlock, it must be really uncomfortable on the couch. Just come in here with me,"

And without any fight he followed me. I layed down falling asleep almost instantly but not before I felt the long arms of Sherlock Holmes wrap around me so I turned to face him," I don't know how this works but I feel like we know eachother....."

" Like we work the same way?" I asked.

" Yea. Listen I don't know if your looking for a relationship now but, wod you like to-"

" Yes!" I replied cutting him off.

" Oh good I was wor-"

" Shhhh... go to sleep," he smiled at me and we fell asleep like that. Me, his girlfriend, wrapped in his arms the way I've wanted to be held so close since I met him. Now I could say I was happy. I went to put my arm over his side when I heard the sound of paper crunching. As if on cue he put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper," Its your drawing. I quite enjoy it," we both smile and that was the last thing I saw before drifting off.