Chapter 2

Sleep didn't come all that easy, I lyed awake thinking about how he knew all of that about me. I was starting to think that he was some super human made by the British Government but pushed it away.

' I really need to stop watching Sci-Fi' I whispered to myself.

Finally I got fed up withmy tossing and turning and threw my legs over the side of the bed. The only thing in this apartment making noise is whom I assume to be John snoring, I'm no super mastermind but I'm sure it would be a louder noise if it came from the living room. The old wooden floorboards along with the drywall and who knows what inbetween stifled the sound. I walked down the narrow hallway a short distance and reached the kitchen. I stood at the entrance which, thankfully, had not been blocked off by the green, blue, and white stained glass sliding door. My eyes scanned every surface looking for a notepad so I could write a note telling them I was going to get a head start on cleaning when I heard Sherlock rollover in his sleep.

' Ah hah!' was what ran through my head as I reached for a yellow writers pad of paper. ' Damn, I need a pencil,' it seemed like it was going to be a man hunt, their kitchen was filled with enough lab supplies to make Einstein jelous. I walked as little as possible trying not to let my clumsy self knock everything over. I spun my self around remembering the old victorian looking desk in the living room, but it too was covered in a ton of newspapers and unread mail.

Luckily ontop was a pen and I began to write just as a glint of light caught my eye. I turned to face the glowing light coming from one of the boys mobile phones.

'New Message >: Mycroft Holmes'

I ignored it because it wasn't my problem but I still wondered what he needed, and I found out some new information about Sherlock, he has a brother. That was something I didn't expect.

" Done!" I said an octive higher than I had been speaking in before.

I set the pen down where it was and the notepad by Sherlock knowing he'd see it. I walked out the door and up the flight of stairs to my flat and rummeged through some boxes until I found my bathroom supplies and headed to take a shower. I turned the squeaky knob to the shower and took my night shirt off followed by the rest of my clothes. Steam filled the tiny bathroom making the air thick and sticky. I reached for the towel sitting on the ground when my bathroom door caught my attention. It was open; not how I remembered leaving it.

" Hello?" I questioned, my voice cracked as it sounded through the small flat. No answer," Its an older place. I'm sure I'll just have to fix the locks." I tried reassuring myself.

The tile floor was cold under my newly warmed and wet feet. I flipped my head forward wrapping my hair in my towel then redressing myself in a more suited outfit for cleaning. Steam still poured from the now empty shower and I reached over and gave the door a push, causing it to make a click noise when it popped into place.

" Oh, so you stay now huh?" I said to the door slightly annoyed, " Oh my God," The door to the bathroom was rippdd open by my shaking hand. " SHERLOCK!" I screamed as I raced down the stairs.

" SHERLOCK! WAKE UP!" I yelled throwing the unlocked door to his flat open.

A tired face turned to face me then it turned to annoyance," What?"

" Someone, s- someone broke into my flat!" I said beginning to cry.

Warm hands were on my shoulders in seconds leading my to the couch," What do you mean by 'broke in'?"

" I left here beacause I couldn't sleep so I went- I went upstaris to take a shower, everything was fine until I got out. My bathroom door was open which it wasn't when I got in-"

" But you brushed it off thinking it was an old door," Sherlock indicated, his eyes weren't hard anymore but more or less filled with concern.

" Yea, and- and- oh God Sherlock!" I cried making a fool out of myself.

" What's going on d- Quinn, Quinn what happened? What did you say Sherlock?" John had come down the stairs yelling, almost falling.

His rich voice answered for me," She was in her flat when it was broken into," his british accent sounded so proper and every word that flowed sounded so right no matter how scared I was. He continued," and there's more but she can't get it out,"

Three hands were rubbing my back, one was John but the other was Sherlock who was also holding me against his hard chest trying to calm me.

" Look at me, what else happened?" I sat up to face Sherlock, but not enough as to leave the safety if his arms.

" On the mirror was a big 'M' drawn on, and when I saw it I was running to get you both when I saw a figure jump out my window!" I was able to get out between sobs.

" Did you see his face at all?" Sherlock asked, still holding me.

" No dumbass her flat was probably all dark accept her bathroom light." John argued.

" Tell me John, why would she walk around in a dark flat, running into boxes and knocking things over? Hm,"

" It could be-"

I cut John off," I had my free standing lamp on in the middle of the floor. My walls are white so the light was kindif reflecting everywhere. I saw part of his face-"

" What did it look like?" Sherlock said so fast it almost made my head spin.

" He looked smaller- around Johns height-"

" Im not small!" John protested.

" Yes you are, now shut up and let her finish,"

John sunk in a chair," He had short black looking hair and was very pale, also he- he had this smile he did before he jumped like he knew I was watching."

" What kind of smile?" John asked.

" Not a friendly one, like a really mean one, he looked like a cruel person,"

" Do you think-"

John was cut off once more," Yes I do. We need Lestrade,"