may 1, 2015

Dear diary,
I don't know whether to be happy or sad because of what happened today.
As today is the beginning of a new month it also starts the beginning of a new stage in my thirteen year old teen life.

Today i started seeing my period...
Mr adams my sex ed teacher taught us about periods when we studied the topic " Puberty" a month ago but I never imagined what it would be like.
I woke up This morning feeling serious pains in my body, my head felt so heavy for my neck to carry. I felt like I was carrying 50million bricks. I wanted to speak to my mom but I was reluctant. I managed to get out of my bed and summoned courage to tell my mom how I was feeling but as usual, she cared less. She only told me to ask our next door neighbor who is a nurse to get me some drugs and that was all. She left the house as usual in a hurry without even noticing that her hair was in a mess and her dress was worn backwards. I giggled. I know my mom very well; she'd not let me say another word after giving me an instruction. So I let her go, after all she never cares about me, why would I show her care?

I managed to go to school today because Mr sam the driver my mom hired to take me to school every morning threatened to report me to my mom if I did not go to school today. What rubbish, that Mr Sam can be really annoying,like the way he can't even speak English correctly. He can't even call my name well. He calls me "amah...nda". Mommy would have to change my name from ‪#‎amanda to a simpler name, maybe he would be able to pronounce it, mtchewww.

When I got to school, the first teacher that came in was Mr jacobs, the maths teacher. I thought he had something interesting to teach today but lo and behold, he picked his chalk and wrote on the board " the beauty of maths". Since last semester when I entered this new class, this ugly teacher with big horrible pimples on his face has made maths seem like mission impossible iv..with the way things were going I knew I was going to fail maths again, I wish I had a math tutor or a mother that at least cared for her daughter..well to hell with my mother at this point because i was in pains and that was all that mattered to me. The class was so boring. I took permission more than twice to go to the bathroom just so I could talk with my friends in the other class but by the time I came into the class the fifth time, I heard a loud voice "miss Amanda Lawrence, this should be the last time you leave this class during this period, am I understood?...

I had to device another means to feel lively so I started writing funny things in little sheets and paper and secretly passed it around my friends who giggled after reading each paper. We continued writing and passing papers until Mr Jacobs left the class. The rest of the day went as normal.

Mr sam was late to pick me up today so I had to stay back in my class to wait for him. While I was waiting, I remembered that peter my handsome seat mate and crush gave me a piece of paper and made me promise not to show anyone.
I opened the paper and read the content of the letter:
"Roses are red
Violets are blue
You can be my Cinderella
I'll give you the shoe"

I smiled from cheek to cheek and read his words over and over again. I was still smiling when Mr sam appeared from no where. I quickly squeezed the paper and held it really tight so he wouldn't see it.
"Amah..nda" why is you laugh with yourself you don't want to go house again?" Arrggghhh..someone needs to tutor this man in English....
I sluggishly carried my bag and stood up only to see the surprise of my life.
My whole chair was stained with.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nemzyxxxxx