Following Dad's Footsteps: Chapter 4

My prey had just finished her shift. She was walking out to the scrap metal that was her car. She was still in her uniform.

As she pulled out, I pulled my own car out of the shadows and drove right behind her. I could picture the look of confusion on her face as a car pulled out from nowhere and followed her.

She was getting scared, the way I pictured in it my mind. She would slowly ease onto the accelerator, trying to shake me off. Then she would take the long route home, going through many turns, though failing at getting me away from her.

Eventually, she would have to get home.

I pulled my car into some random house driveway, a few apartment buildings away.

I exited my own vehicle and ran through the shadows after her car, which had slowed down, seeing as her pusuer had given up, as she was thinking; she thought wrong

But that was only how I imagined her thinking. It was fun pretending that my victim's actually had thoughts and real feelings. Those insufferable imbeciles could never form a coherent thought, even if it was spelled out before them; that was why they had to die.

She got out of her car and headed towards a beat up apartment complex.

The woman opened the front door of, and I followed behind her. I was far enough behind her that she couldn't really see me, but she would be paranoid and cautious. The fun part of hunting your prey was getting them scared and frantic. It sent a rush of thrill throughout my body as I pictured with relish how I would kill this lady.

-------

Three years later. Seriously. In a month, it'll be three years since I've updated my most popular story. I began this story as an incoming eighth grader. It's hard to believe that I'm a junior in high school now. All of this that I am publishing was saved in my drafts, so this chapter is by far not even close to being completed. I will slowly but surely fix this and begin writing again. Please excuse my awful middle school writing skills.