The Blind Date

A/N: Here we are, chapter 3, one day early! Next chapter will be up next Saturday as usual, though… I love to hear from you and I'm sorry I can't update more often, but I want to have time to write ahead, and my Beta needs time to work on the text as well… But as several of the stories I follow myself only updates once every couple of months or so, I think once a week ain't too bad, is it? (don't answer that…) A special thank you to my readers on AFF, but also, of course, to those of you who are reading this on Wattpad or FictionPress. Love you!

Now See Here!

Chapter 3: The Blind Date

Nervous. He was definitely nervous. Mark's fingers felt over his neatly arranged shirts, trying to decide what to wear. Lance was picking him up in half an hour and he was still not dressed. All he had done was shower, shave and pick out a cologne. Only that choice had been hard enough and now he had a new decision to make.

When it came to clothes Mark kept things fairly simple. He didn't have a lot, and his closets were arranged in work- casual- and formal-sections. He knew perfectly well what he had to choose from, he knew the colors and patterns as well. If he had two shirts or sweaters that were very similar, he marked one of them by cutting off a part of the label at the back and so he remembered which was the black shirt and which was white for example. It was quite simple for him, just one of those little tricks you learned to handle everyday life without having to ask anyone… granted, asking might be a good idea at the moment…

"Felix, the pale blue or the olive green shirt with the black jeans?"

"Meeeooow?"

"Green, then?"

"Oow…"

"You don't really care, do you?"

"Waaah!"

"Thought so," Mark chuckled. Felix almost always answered him and he wasn't embarrassed about talking to a cat. The little fur ball was great company. Unfortunately for Mark he would be spending the whole night talking to a woman instead. He shook his head. He shouldn't be so negative! It wouldn't hurt to meet new people, after all, and who knew, they might really hit it off! It was just that… well… he wasn't as sociable as maybe he should be. He wasn't a recluse or anything, he had a few friends aside from Lance, but he had always found it difficult to really give people a chance… maybe it was because he had Lance, his friendship box had been ticked a long time ago and he really wasn't desperate for company… although some adult acquaintances would be nice, sometimes.

He dressed, ran a comb through his hair one last time and drew a deep breath. Then the doorbell rang.

"Hello? Are you decent?" Lance called out. He had a key and always let himself in when he was expected, which Mark insisted on. If he was busy doing something, like cooking, he'd rather not leave it just to go open the door. Just putting a knife down was easy when you could see, but as a blind person interruptions could be complicated and even dangerous.

"Yeah, I'm done. So where are we going?"

"That little pasta place. Nothing fancy but not too bad… and it shouldn't be very crowded either."

"So… who's my date? Linda, right?"

"Linda Smith. She is shorter than you by just a little, she has blond hair, cut in a short page and blue eyes. She's… oh, damn, where did she work…? In a clothes-store I think…"

"Okay, great," Mark said as he locked up the apartment. "And your waitress, what's her name?"

"Sharon. Red hair, dyed. Brown eyes. Amazing body. Even you will stare at her tits…"