Now See Here! (m/m)

A/N: Mark catches the eye of one of the company’s most powerful men, but he can’t see it himself. Literally.
This is my first story on this site, an office romance story… with a bit of a twist… (male/male)

Big thank you to TheCookieMonster who is my beta for this story! An extra note will follow at the end of this chapter.

Now See Here!

Chapter 1: Don't Look

Mark Sanders was pretty happy with his life. Sure, one of his neighbors sometimes randomly decided to play death metal at three in the morning, as loud as his system allowed, and the office had recently switched to a coffee brand that tasted like charcoaled shit, but, all in all…

“Hey, cutie pie, time for a break!”

Mark turned from his computer and grimaced.

“Meg, please don’t call me that? I'm twenty-three, not three."

“But with your big brown eyes and those blond curls of yours you just are! You remind me of a spaniel I had once. Barkers. Have I ever told you about-"

Mark sighed, smiled, and tuned Meg out. The woman, who was in her mid fifties, meant well. She was the ‘office mother’, always bringing in homemade cookies and remembered everyone’s birthday. If there was an office party being planned, for whatever reason, she was the head of that too. From his first day she had taken him under her wing and there was nothing anyone could do about that. Least of all Mark.

As they began walking down the hallway he almost tripped on something but saved himself from an embarrassing nosedive at the last second.

“Mister Olsen! The corridor should be kept clear, get rid of that bag this instant!” Meg barked.

“Oh, did Mister Magoo stumble?” a snide voice from inside the cubicle next to Mark's asked.

“Fuck you too, Peter,” the blond answered amiably and continued on his way.

“I swear that boy does those things on purpose!” the mother hen seethed. Everyone was a ‘boy’ to her, even the executives, and some of them were, after all, older than she was. “He’s just jealous because you got that account he wanted.”

“Who’s jealous?” a new voice joined in, and the next second an arm had Mark in a firm headlock while his hair was getting rubbed.

“Lance, cut it out!”

“Sorry, Markie, but the secretary was looking at you, and she’s mine. Had to make you look like a mess so she won't give you a second glance. Now, who’s jealous?”

“Peter the Prick,” Mark muttered as he tried to make his hair presentable again, combing through it with his fingers. “He decided the corridor should be an obstacle course again.”

“Pffft… his face is an obstacle course…” his friend snorted. “Coffee. Now. I’m crashing like you on roller skates last night.”

“You took the boy out roller skating?” Meg exclaimed.

“Lancelot here-“ Mark began.

“DON’T USE MY FULL NAME!”

“-as I was saying, Lancelot here has this thing where he insists that I’m not blind,” Mark grinned.

“No, I have this thing where I’m not letting you chicken out just because you’re blind,” Lance snorted. “If it wasn’t for me, would you have climbed that cliff in high school?”