Distract and cover

Knock Knock

“Luke?” Beau asks, “Hello?”

My half-awake self just stares at Beau who came in the room, Suddenly I become more aware. I’m supposed to keep Luke and me a secret! Quickly I try to pry Luke’s arm around me off. “uh Hi Beau.” I greet when I am finally free.

“What happened in here?” Beau asks suspiciously, “are you guys..?”

“Are we what?” I interrupt.

“Together?” Beau asks, my eyes widen, it’s real hard for me to lie. 

“What? Us? Toge- psh. No. Who would say that?” I try to be smooth but that’s not really working out.

Luke then wakes up, “guys what’s going on?” he mumbles.

Seeing my chance for Luke to save me, I ask, “See!? Luke are we dating?”

“Well yeah kinda” Luke answers groggily.

“AHA.” Beau smiles, and then runs out of the room.

“Luke! What happened to keeping it a secret?” Luke cutely smiles from his bed.

“Oh, oops. It’s okay, Beau won’t tell him….I think..” Luke then quickly hops out of bed and runs out his bedroom to Beau, “You cannot tell skip! Got it?”

Beau looks confused, “Why? Just because he would hack you to pieces if he found out you two are together? What are you? Scared?”

“Of him, a little.” Luke jokes.

“Oh sweet young forbidden love.” Beau mocks as he gallops around, with his hands on his heart.

Stopping him, I plead, “Please don’t tell him.” Giving him my best puppy dog eyes.

Beau sighs in defeat. “fine.” I smile at Luke. “I hate that stupid big eyes thing you do.”

As I’m about to make a snarky comment, there’s on a knock on the front door to the brooks’ house.

Jai walks out and opens the door, and Daniel storms in. Walking straight to me, “What happened to you?!”

I nervously back up, “Uh, I, uh.” Looking around for help, Luke jumps in.

“She woke up early this morning and called us asking if we would teach her how to make pancakes!”

“Yeah!” I agree, then I turn around to Luke and give him a thankful look. “I’ve always wanted to uh, know how to make pancakes. And I didn’t want to bother you, because you were sleeping!” I keep going with the lie, feeling guilty about it at the same time.

“oh. Okay? I guess.” Daniel smiles at me, he pauses and then asks, “Do you have any left I’m starving.”

We all look nervously around for some pancakes; I see a small stack on the counter. Thank god Luke’s mom actually made pancakes this morning.  “Yeah. Here “ I say walking over towards the pancakes, handing Daniel some. 

As we’re all sitting around a table watching Daniel eat in awkward silence, Luke leans over towards me and whispers in my ear, “Let’s get out of here.” I nod quickly, and as Luke gets Beau’s attention he mouths “Distract and cover for me!”

Getting the message, Beau screams, “OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT” Pointing out the window. Luke and I make out way to the door.

~

“This is perfect, you’re perfect.” Luke sighs, to me. I look around the park.  Green everywhere.

“So is this out first date?” I ask jokingly.

“No I have much more planned for that.”

“oooh. Spill.” I giggle, running my finger along the inside of Luke’s arm.

“Never.” He smiles at me, gripping my hand tighter.

“This is weird,” I confess.

“What?” Luke furrows his eye brows at me.

“I mean, I’ve never directly gone against what someone said like this before.” I continue.

“I see, I made you a bad girl, “ Luke lifts his hand to the back of my neck, Pulling me in closer.

“Shut up,” I whisper as I am centimeters from his face. Just as our lips are about to touch, I see someone in the background who looks familiar. I push away from Luke, “Daniel!” 

NEW CHAPTER EVERY FRIDAY. 

I will also post a new chapter of Conflicted tommorow since I missed posting it last week. 

Love you all vote, comment, subscribe.