Chapter 4: I'm feeling pretty lucky

Here I go again, not holding up to my word. I was so bored so why not write???!!!???? First date errrrybody........ excited.

The week could not have gone any slower. I couldn't believe how hung up I was on this boy. I found myself thinking about him every second of the day. I couldn't have been more distracted. Connor had a way of sneaking himself into every thought I had. It didn't help that I had more classes with him that week. Thank god Rachel was in most of them as well. Every time I had the urge to look at Connor I could snap myself out of it by talking to Rachel. This feeling that was over taking me, I'd never felt before. It was like walking on a tight rope. It held the thrill of being weightless, yet also the fear of losing balance and falling.

Getting back to my dorm on Friday afternoon.... the greatest feeling ever. I peeled out of my school clothes and made my way over to the Forever 21 bag on my dresser. I pulled out a short pink and navy floral dress with a cream knit cardigan and brown leather combats. After getting dressed I shaped a natural smoky eye with a thick cat eye liner. I grabbed my gold studs, brown leather cross body, and spritzed on some romantic perfume, when (again) I heard a knock at the door. I pulled the knob, and there stood the hunky and ever so dreamy Connor Franta in a maroon elbow padded sweater (rolled up to his mid forearm), dark wash jeans, and canvas TOMS.

"Wow...." he said with an eyebrow raise.

"What?" I asked running my fingers through my hair.

"Nothing, It's just, you look beautiful. And might I say" he said sniffing the air "Your scent is irresistible."

I felt a flush of warmth come over my cheeks. No mister Connor Franta, it is not my scent that is irresistible, fore it is yours I thought.  "Thanks, um. I thought we were meeting at the place." I said changing the subject and preceding down the hallway.

"Well, I just thought, you know, it's lateish and you're a very pretty girl and...... you've watched Law and Order."

I just shook my head and continued own the stairs.

"Why do you do that?" Connor asked.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Every single time I try to give you a complement, you just reject it."

"I-" I started but then realized I was kind of dancing around all of his complements.

"I'm sorry" he said "I'm doing the whole saying without thinking thing again."

"Why do you do that?" I asked quizzically.

"Do what?" he asked

"Every single time we have a conversation, it always ends with you apologizing for something"

"Well" Connor started holding the building exit door for me "I just really want you to...."

"To what?" I asked "Like you?"

His cheeks burned a light pink. He let out a little giggle while flashing an adorable smile.

"I'll take that as a yes" I added confidently.

We walked down to the fountains near buildings G and H. Looking down near the line of shops and restaurants on Wills Creek avenue sat a little coffee shop called The Mug Shot. Making our way inside, we sat down at the window seat table across from the laughing group of hipsters. After sitting down, a blonde woman wearing way too much makeup asked for our orders. I ordered a white chocolate mocha and Connor got a hazelnut macchiato. Before she left to put in our orders she gave Connor a flirty smile. Yet due to her unattractiveness, she ended up looking like the Cheshire Cat.

"Did you see that?" I asked giggling.

Connor widened his eyes like a fish and said "Yes..... yes I did."

We sat at our table, just talking. He was so down to earth and easy to talk to. The conversation was all over the place, we wanted to know as much as possible about each other.

"Which parent do you look the most like?" I asked.

"Hmmm, I guess my dad" Connor said "What about you?"

"My mom, definitely. We have the same eye and hair color. We could be twins if I wasn't so short."

"Hey shorter girls are adorable." He said bringing his mug up to his lips. They were curved strongly at his cupids bow in a thin shape yet his bottom lip was full and shapely. That's when I realized I was staring at his lips. I shook my head to clear my unruly thoughts of ripping his clothes off. 

"What?" Connor asked.

"Um, nothing" I spoke quickly fluttering my lashes.

"You have gorgeous eyes."

I looked up at him, his eyes seemed glued on mine. I smiled and said "Thanks, but yours are prettier."

"Oh please you-"

"Oh please nothing" I interrupted "I'm a sucker for green eyes and" I started leaning forward towards him for a better look "And yellow suns are always a plus."

"You have a way with words" Connor said very sultry.

"Well I do want to be a writer when I'm older."

"Would you write about me?"

 Sure, a steamy romance involving a bumbling book worm and a sexy swimmer I thought. "Maybe" is what I really said.

We sat there for about 3 hours talking about everything. When we finally left we walked up towards the fountains. I stopped and looked at the glowing lights beaming from the water.

"What is it?" Connor asked coming to stand beside me.

"Nothing" I said fishing a two pennies out of my purse "I just wanted to make a wish. What about you?"

"I don't need to wish for anything. I feel pretty lucky already."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I some how got you to go on a date with me. I think that was luck."

"I don't think so." I said smiling "Beside, you sound super cheesy right now." I closed my eyes, scrunched my nose, and flicked the penny into the fountain. It plopped right at the second tier.

As we were starting to walk again, I felt warm fingers lace into mine. I looked down and discovered Connor was holding my hand. I smiled and curled my fingers into his hand. We walked back to the dorm building, hand in hand.

I put my key into the door and turned the latch "I had so much fun" I said turning back to Connor.

"Me too, it was nice getting to know you." Connor said as he flashed a smile "I'll see you later."

"Wait" I said grabbing his hand and planting a light kiss on his cheek. "Good night."

"G-Good night" he said stammered.

I was about to shut the door when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Connor skipping and twirling down the hallway quietly yelling "Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!"

I shut the door and sank down to the floor. I couldn't stop smiling. I had never met anyone like Connor. I just couldn't wait to see him again.

Comments are much appreciated!!!!!! XOXO

-Anna