Chapter 2: Your wait is Over

Part two of the frantastic love story! This one maybe a little slow, but Aubrey has to get to know everybody........ so, yeah. ENJOY!

After the brief meeting in the hallway outside my dorm, Rachel and the gang of guys decided to take me out for dinner. I was so excited to meet people on campus. It felt nice making friends again.

Sitting in the passenger's seat of Rachel's big, blue, BMW van. Ricky and Jc decided to sit in the back. Listening to their playful banter was quite amusing. But, Rachel and I had plenty to talk about. Turns out, we have almost all the same classes. We even share the same love for literature. As Ricky was playfully picking at Rachel's driving skills, I noticed something odd. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a pair of big green eyes staring at me, from the middle seat. It was Connor. Without thinking, I looked towards him. He sat there, still staring at me.

Frightened by this slightly I let out " Um.... hello."

"Hi" he said not breaking my gaze.

I opened my mouth to say something, then I heard a "Connor! Stop staring at Aubrey! Your freaking her out!" said the loud voice of Ricky.

Connor's cheeks flushed a slight pink, dropping his gaze slightly. Everyone let out a slight giggle. It was a little awkward, but thank god we where at the diner.

The diner was a cute, little, 1980s, checkered flag kind of joint. It was nice, for a college town. After getting out of the car and reaching for the handle of the diner door, I was too slow for Connor, who opened it for me. I was flattered and let out a small "Thanks" which he answered with a "No problem, little lady". Getting situated in the booth wasn't hard for me and Rachel on one side, but the three boys squeezed in on the other. But, Connor looked just fine sitting across from me. Don't get me wrong, it was kind of nice. He was very cute and had the most gorgeous eyes.

After looking over the menu and brief conversation, we ordered. Being the picky eater I am, I decided to order the macaroni and cheese with bacon on the side (because everything tastes better with bacon).

"Wow" said Connor after the waitress left.

I reacted quickly, saying "What?"

"Nothing," he said raising his hands "It's just, I've ever seen a girl with such a great taste in food."

I smiled "I live off of mac and cheese with bacon."

"Sounds delicious." He said with a smirk.

"IT'S GETTIN HOT IN HERE!" yelled Ricky.

"You're such a dork!" Rachel exclaimed.

"Damn straight!" Ricky said putting on his sunglasses.

We all laughed so hard. Then our food came. We all dug into our various dishes. Rachel had a veggie burger, with amazing fries (which she was generously sharing). Jc and Ricky both had burgers. While Connor was being the hipster ordering the inside-out burger. While I was there with my mac and cheese. They all had so many funny stories to share. They were all so social. I had never seen such colorful people. I mean, I've always been pretty social. Being the class president and the captain of the volleyball team, I had plenty of friends. But none of them as interesting as these people.

After dinner, we all piled back into Rachel's van. Ricky stole the front seat from me, so I sat on the left most side in the back seat, next to Connor and Jc. While everyone was talking, I started feeling pressure of my right leg. It was Connor's leg, pressing against mine. I looked at his leg, then up at his face. He had this proud smirk. It was irritating to see him so proud of himself but it was incredibly hot. We sat like that the whole way back.

Once we were back at the dorm complex, everyone went in separate directions. Rachel was in the building across from mine and Jc and Ricky (who were roommates) lived in the building right next to Rachel's. While (my complex being split gender) was shared by Connor who lived 1 floors above me. After exchanging numbers with everybody (including Connor), Rachel, Ricky, and Jc left and Connor was left walking me home. The first minute of the commute was extremely awkward. I had to break the tension.

"So" I said with a lingering o "I saw you with a camera earlier, what was that about?"

"Oh," He said surprised "I make videos on YouTube."

"Really? That's cool. What kind of videos?" I asked

"Mostly vlogs, it's kind of hard to explain." he said grazing his hand on the back of his neck.

"What? Vlogging is a hard explanation?"

"No, but...... It's just I do a lot of things on my channel. And vlogging is very complicated."

"How is it complicated?" I asked laughing "All you do it hold a camera to your face and talk about your day."

He narrowed his eyes at me playfully, "It's so much more complicated than that."

"Oh, whatever" I said still giggling at his seriousness.

"Ricky and Jc have channels too."

"Do they vlog too?" I said in a serious manner.

"Hey! Vlogging is cool!" Connor said playfully mad.

I laughed as we walked up to my door. I hadn't realized we had climbed 5 flights of stairs in that short conversation. But, somehow, we did.

"I had a lot of fun." I said "It was really nice meeting all of you."

"It was incredibly nice meeting you." he said with an meaningful stare.

It was kind of weird, but, his stare intimidated me. I couldn't hide from him. Its like, he could see right through me. It created a longing in me for him, it was a scary yet electric feeling.

"Well, I'll see you later." I said.

"See you." He said.

Then something happened. It was impulse. I just straight up, hugged him. It wasn't long nor was it short. It was a perfect time span. As he hugged back I just melted into his muscular chest. In his grip, I could feel his warmth and smell his colon on his shirt. . It was nice and light, yet it had the strength to take my breathe away. There was something else too, the smell of chlorine and suntan lotion. It was a sent of summer. Once I pulled away, I looked at his face. It held a look of happiness and also surprise.

"Um, well" he said "I'll text you."

"I'll be waiting for it" I said.

He smiled as he turned and walked down the hallway, towards the stairs. Then, I opened my door and slipped inside, turning on the light. I slung off my cross-body, then hearing the buzzing sound of my phone, I fished it out of my purse. 

I knew it was from Connor because it said " Your wait is over :D"

Comments are appreciated!!!!! XOXO

- Anna