Chapter 1: New Place, New Me

Heyyyy, so I'm making a Conor Franta fan fiction. It's about a college junior, starting over in Minnesota. When she meets a group of new friends she notices Connor might be forming a crush on her. Is it love? Will they be together? What will happen???......... The anticipation.

"Mom!" I yelled wiping the lipstick off my cheeks and forehead.

"I'm Sorry" She said teary eyed "But Aubrey, I'm just going to miss you so much!"

"Mother, we have been through this before. I mean, remember how fast freshman and sophomore year went by."

"But in a totally different state!" she wailed.

She was creating a scene in my dorm. My Mom was having a hard time accepting my acceptance to the college of St. Bernedict in Minnesota. My family, being intensely tight knit, living in Ohio, was outraged. After being a straight A student all my life, I hit a wall after sophomore year. I was so stressed and my grades were reflecting it. I had to get away from it all. I had to start over in a new place, I just had too. But, I had an amazing opportunity and my Mom just couldn't accept me being that far away.

"Mom, I'll be fine. Besides, Aunt Sally is ten minutes away." I said reassuringly.

She nodded and laid another kiss on my cheek. I hugged my solemn Dad and said my last goodbyes to them. I watched them leave out the window of my dorm room. I had been fortunate to have a single room. I was so excited to explore the campus but I had so much unpacking to do. So I cracked open the towers of cardboard boxes and started moving in.

After storing my clothes in the closet and draws, I started putting away school supplies. Organizing them into decorative bins, storing them under my bed. Then, I began dressing my bed and putting up pictures of loved ones.

It was about 6:05 (pm) when I finally finished. I had to get out of this stuffy room. So I quickly changed into some high-waisted jeans and a floral pastel pink t-shirt, tucking it in. I magically turned my naturally straight strawberry blonde hair into soft curls. With a soft bronze eye shadow (perking up my intense blue eyes), a coat of mascara, and a nude gloss. I was debating wearing nude platforms to give my small and short form an extension but instead slipped on some white Converse. Throwing on my nude cross-body , I heard a knock at the door.

I walked over to the door, and pulled it opened. Standing in the door frame was a tall, perky redhead.

"Ya know? I heard their was a new girl on this floor, but I didn't expect her to live in the first door we knocked on." She said with a genuine smile. "Hey, I'm Rachel Monte."

"Hi, my name's Aubrey Frank." I said politely.

"Wow, a name like that seems presidential."

I laughed, "Why, thank you, I do look forward to my presidency."

"You're funny, short stuff" she laughed.

"You too, red."

"Did you find the new-bee?" said a loud voice coming down the hall.

"Yeah" Rachel said "She's right here."

Two boys came running down the hallway. A tall guy and a short brunette.

"Hey, I'm Ricky" said the tall one.

"And I'm Jc" said the shorter one. "Connor's catching up, he's a lot faster in the pool-"

"But he's like a sloth on dry land" Ricky interrupted.

"He's a swimmer" said Rachel.

"Wow, that's cool. I used to when I was little, but I turned to volleyball." I said.

"Me too" Rachel said "You have to try out with-"

"IM HERE!!!!" exclaimed a sandy blonde boy carrying a camera in front of his face.

"This is Connor" they all said.

Turning off his camera, he looked up at me. Starting with a smile and turning into a blank stare. Ricky turned and looked at him, extending his hand and slapped it onto his check.

"Owwwwww!!!!!" Connor exclaimed

"Earth to Connor!!!" Ricky laughed.

"What's your name?" asked Jc among the laughter.

"Oh, it's Aubrey" I said.

Comments are much appreciated!!!!!!! XOXO

-Anna