o9.

the amount of news menda has received lately was beyond overwhelming.

hoseok has told her the missing parts that she couldn't seemed to have figured out.

"jimin had told us a friend gave it to him to borrow, he supposedly needed it for something."

that was a lie.

"he said he'd only have it for a few days,"

that was a lie.

"oh, and about you asking how i know him, he's my best friend, who i also live with."

that, was true.

"and did you ever wonder why he would need to borrow a childish laptop that was pink and flooded with stickers?" menda asked.

"i decided to not question it."

menda hasn't said anything to mei yet, only to save some stress. if it wasn't a problem of mei's, mei somehow makes herself involved.

"so what do you want to do menda? do you want me to bring it back to you?" the question hoseok just asked threw menda off.

what did she want to do? did she just want hoseok to bring it back? did she still want to confront jimin? did she want to knee him in the face?

all of the above were a yes. but the one she mainly chose was confronting him.

all she wanted to know was why.

"give me his number, i'll contact him myself. i dont want you getting involved,  it's not your problem." menda said that as nicely as she could. after all hoseok did help her tremendously.

hoseok said some digits and asked her once more if they were cool. she said yes and apologized for being such a bitch and pinning it on him.

menda stared at the numbers she wrote on the sticky note. she wanted to think about this so she didn't spill everything like she did to hoseok.

after what felt like world war 3 in her head, she grabbed her phone and began to type in the numbers on her keypad and pressed dial.

her heart was jumping around as she heard the ringing.

on the third ring, it was answered.

"hello?" the voice was soft, a little high-pitched but also confirming that it was a boy. the voice sounded confused.

menda had sucked in her breath, her hands beginning to get slippery and clammy.

"j-jimin?" she had spoke.

there was a disturbing silence just now.

"yes?" jimin had said questioningly.

menda squeezed her eyes shut. she already hated this. she felt horror as she imagined trying to speak to him in person. as she let out some other words, she could feel her roughly chapped lips.

"this is menda. you know, the girl whose laptop you're holding hostage." she had no idea how she just said that, but it made her feel better and less shaky.

a sound of heavy breathing flowed into menda's ear, giving her shivers.

"ah, menda. hello. can i ask you how you got my number?" the breathing was no longer there.

"can i ask you how you got my laptop?" she knew she was being challenging on purpose.

he laughed in response. menda's heart seemed to flutter, and that made her terrified.

"so i guess we both have stories to tell." he sounded like he was smiling through the phone.

"indeed we do. you're lucky i didn't - "

"how about tomorrow, pierre gagnaire, i take you there on a date, 7pm. alright?"

"wha -"

"wear that pretty dress i like, that red one. you look utterly ravishing in it."

call ended.
-
authors note;
IM SCRAMING OH YM GOd
it's finally happening damn ruby
i'd like to say TYSM for half a thousand reads, bc srsly that feels like a lot to me wow
ilysm ok!
merry christmas eve