Twelve - Cross Hoops

Twelve – Cross Hoops

The first step to paying Aiden back was having to lie to my school and Hans that I had gotten a cold and wouldn't be able to attend to any of them that day. Again. Now of course, I could've smacked his head and told him I wasn't going to play that way, but I weirdly found out that I just couldn't bring myself to tell him no. and he also said he'd ditched lectures for me today, and that was supposed to make me feel better because we were both rebels.

And that was how we ended up in a local diner a few miles from NYU; Aiden cheerily grinning at me. I didn't know why I felt the strong urge to wipe that grin off his face – whether it was because I couldn't understand why he was smiling so happily when I was literally about to kiss his feet for the whole day... or it was because I couldn't stand the way my insides where clenching beautifully from his smile—almost as if it were the first time I had seen him smile.

"Wanna order?"

I glared up at him, "Is there a reason for this? Just tell me what you want and let's get this over with Aiden."

He didn't seemed fazed one bit as he held my hand, dragging me further into the shop, "Oh, we're getting to that. But let's eat first."

"But I'm not hungry." I whined as he dragged me down into a secluded booth at the corner of the shop.

"But I am. First thing you need to do; eat 'cause I want you to."

I frowned, "That's not even a request."

Aiden shrugged, "Two plates of fries please, and a side of burgers." He said to the waiter who'd come to take our orders.

The lady – girl actually 'cause she didn't look older than fourteen, nodded, flashing an all-too-unnecessary smile at Aiden.

"So? What's up?" Aiden asked casually, leaning forward on his elbows.

I shifted uncomfortably. I wasn't really up for chit-chat, probably because I was trying to avoid him, the kiss, his face... literally everything about him at this moment. And yet, here he was, smiling handsomely and talking like we were just casual friends who didn't make out two nights before.

I shrugged, "Not much, I guess."

"You avoided me."

"We saw the day before." I stated bluntly, momentarily regretting it because basically everything ended up leading to the kiss.

If Aiden had thought about it, he hadn't said a thing. "So? I have five requests."

"Five?!"

He shrugged, "I'm a very demanding guy."

"I find that hard to believe." I retorted sarcastically.

He grinned. "The earlier we start the better. We can't afford to have you spend another night with me can we?"

I all but shrunk in my seat, my face turning red as I caught his insinuation.

---

"You've got to be fucking kidding me!" I screamed in panic. "There's no way I'm getting on that death train." I said, moving to walk back when Aiden shot out his hand and stopped me.

"This is wish number two Adrian. I want you to ride on the rollercoaster with me."

"And I don't want to die. So can we please change the request?"

"Nope," he grinned, "two tickets please."

"Aiden, I'm serious. I've never liked amusement parks, can we leave please?" I whined, dragging my feet.