Ten - Oversized Sweaters

Ten – Oversized Sweaters

[Beware: Taylor Swift's Blank Space was listened to on repeat whilst writing this chapter. Excuse anything that somehow relates to that song or the numerous mistakes because I was too busy lip synching c:]

"I won this round babe. I'm two rounds away from getting you for myself."

My eyes widened and my brows furrowed in confusion. What did that mean? Aiden didn't give me time to explain because he returned to his normal happy cherry self. I added another superstition to the list of things I thought Aiden Pine was. He was also seriously bipolar.

"Okay, so I personally love this round 'cause it just so happens that I'm starving so wolfing down a stack of only five pancakes which I love, won't be so hard after-all."Aiden popped up and did a little I-need-to-pee-dance excitedly. "So come on Adrian, let's go order," he pulled me up.

I was too busy thinking about what Aiden had said I totally forgot about the fact that I had just had a burger and was full. Damn it, I totally should've shared it with him – it'd be fair if we were both half-full. Sigh, Ms. Abyss has been of no help again for the second time in my life.

"Hey guys," Gill poked her now baseball cap covered head out the window and smiled at us. "How's your petition going? Congrats on beating him Adrianna," she gave me a thumbs up and I sighed.

"He beat me," I said with a roll of my eyes. Aiden leaned against the wall with a smug smile.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Adrianna," Gill gave me a sympathetic look.

I shrugged. "We still have a few rounds and I'm sure I could beat –"

Aiden snorted in between my words and I glared at him. "– I'm sure I could beat him in this round."

She lit up in seconds. "Great, what's this round about?"

"Well we're going to have an eating contest of some sort. So order two orders; a stack of pancakes for the idiot and waffles for me."

She dinged the dinner bell. "Coming right up,"

---

"Okay, you both have five minutes to finish your plates. First white plate wins," Gill announced as she placed a stack of waffles in front of me.

It was hot and she had sprinkled brown sugar on it just like I'd bribed her to. Yes, so I like a lot of sugar on my pastries, sue me. Aiden leaned over in his chair and poured syrup over his pancakes in a way that was mocking me. Lowly showoff.

I picked up my fork and took one gulp of my milk so it wouldn't have to drink another after eating just one.

Gill pulled out a stopwatch. "Okay you jobless teenagers, in five, four, three, two..."

I pushed my fork into my waffle and took another full-mouthed gulp of my milk. "And one!"

We started wolfing it down like we hadn't eaten in days. At least that's how I was eating, I had to stop myself from taking occasional glances at Aiden. That'd just slow me down. I had taken down three and half already and I paused to take a quick gulp of milk. I was choking.

I went down to continue eating my remaining one and a half when I heard coughing. Loud, serious, tuberculosis-like coughing. I focused on my food, as much as I wanted to look up at the source – 'cause it sounded so close to me, I continued eating my food.