Eleven - Flannel

Eleven – Flannel

I was drunk and my head was spinning a thousand miles per minute but I was fully aware of the fact that Aiden Pine was kissing me right now. I could feel his lips pressed to my own and his hands tightening on my waist. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to remember half of whatever happened after my last can of beer but I was sure I was going to remember the way Aiden's lips felt on mine, the way my hands had slowly traced themselves to his head and how soft his brown hair felt in between my fingers, the way I felt fire when one of his hands trailed up my arm to my neck, the sound I made when he nibbled on my lower lip, the way his tongue felt when it moulded in perfect synchrony with mine, the way it felt when he placed soft cherry kisses along my jaw line and neck... and the way he was making me feel overall. But it all ended too soon when he slowly pulled away.

"You didn't struggle Adrian." he smiled softly.

I blinked, the alcohol must have magically vanished because all that was going through my head was; "you just kissed Aiden Pine!" "well technically he kissed you... but you kissed back!" "and not just lip-locking!" "damn Aiden is a good kisser" "and maybe you li –" I shut my eyes, blocking out the rest of my thoughts. Aiden was still staring at me, his amusement slowly turning to worry, and his hands still in my hair and on my waist.

"Um, Adrian? Are you okay?" his face turned red as an emotion flickered through those blue eyes. Those eyes I now want to look at for a really long... okay!

"Um, the kiss... the kiss wasn't... it wasn't bad was it?"

Was it? Damn it Adrianna, get a grip! It was the best damn thing that has ever happened to you! I licked my lips and adverted my eyes, searching my brain for what to do at moment.

"Adrian...?"

"Oh, um, my head... it hurts." And I slumped.

---

I purposely turned on my front to hide the blush that was engulfing my body as Aiden gently put me on my house couch. Damn, he was really making me hot and uncomfortable. Couldn't he leave already?!

I listened silently as he slumped on the coffee table, his steady breathing filling the room. Damn what is he thinking? Maybe he's going to maul you again... oh my gosh, no! I was tempted to peek, but I remembered that I was faint-pretending.

Aiden let out a huge sigh as (I think, this is me imagining) he ran a hand through hair. "What am I going to do with you Adrian?" he whispered exasperatedly, before I heard the soft click of my door closing.

I sat up on my couch immediately and curl my legs to myself, resting my head on them. What the hell just happened? And why am I feeling everything but irritated, remorseful, regretful and disgusted?

---

You know just how much you miss your ass of a best friend when you have a huge problem and want to consult her and then realize; "oh, she totally hates my existence right now."

That's exactly how I was feeling right now as I paced back and forth in my room. I'd ditched both school and work so I could get my act together on this Aiden-and-I's-kissing shit. Like, why was I even dwelling too much on it?

I mean, Aiden the next door idiot kissed me. And I liked it, a little too much. So the hell what? But that's the point! I'm not supposed to like it! What about Trent? What about my hate-fire towards Aiden? What about the serious disapproval I had towards student-teacher dating? And why the hell was I thinking about dating him?