The painful truth

Rivers P.O.V

I was in my pajamas and I was walking through the forest and I saw a huge wolf. His eyes were filled with rage the same rage Derek's father had when he looked at me and knew I had my mothers powers. It just I don't know what powers my mom had, nobody ever told me besides the healing, the other tricky part was learning how to use them. I got scared and I tried to run but my feet wouldn't let me move. I tried screaming for Derek but I lost my voice. I started crying as the wolf stepped closer to me, he crouched down and pounced at me and I woke up and shot straight up from the bed. It was only a dream. I wipe my cheeks from the tears, Derek woke up and rubbed my back. He grabbed my arm and pulled me down and hugged me to his chest "shhhh its okay" he tried getting me to calm down as he runs his hand threw my hair. "go to sleep my darling" he whispered to me. I closed my eyes clinging to his chest.

Derek's POV

I woke up to river sitting up in bed and I heard her crying so I sat up and pulled her back down so she had her head on my chest "go to sleep darling" I say trying to get her to sleep. She closed her eyes and clings to my chest .

It was the next morning and I woke up and smiled her hair shined from the sunshine and I loved it. I kissed her head and ran my hand threw her hair. She opened her gorgeous green eyes " good morning beautiful" I smiled. She groaned and put her face in my neck trying to go back to sleep. I chuckle and started tickling her. River giggled and started trying to tickle me. " I'm not ticklish" I smirked. she looked at me."thats cheating you can't tickle me if your not ticklish!" she wined."think of the bright side your awake and we can go down and get breakfast" I smiled. She looked at me "fine but let me shower first" 

Rivers POV
I get up and notice Derek followed me I smiled and swayed my hips he picked me up but put me down wincing"Are you okay?" I asked worried he nods his head yes."Jump in the shower with me and I'll help you with your back " I smiled softly at him he smiled back and kissed me
"I love you " he smiled. I was shocked it was the first time he has said that to me I smiled
"I love you to " We both get into the shower and I clean his back lightly for him I knew what happened a couple nights would haunt him and these scratches would be scares.
We get out of the shower after both washing ourselves I wrap my towel around me and Derek walked out of the bathroom. "No get in here" he looked at me and walked back he hated peroxide but he knows he can't win an argument against me he sat on the toilet as I drench a rag in peroxide I set it on his back , He winced, I kissed his shoulder and smiled as I cleaned his wound for about 30 minuets. I kiss his shoulder as I put the bandage on and smile as he turned around and pulled me on his lap. "You are amazing" he smirked as I blush and look down. He puts his finger under my chin and lifted my head then kissed me , I kissed back and pulled away
"Let's go get breakfast " I smile. We got up and got dressed I put on my jean shorts and black tank top with my sweatshirt and my converse.He walked out of his closet with his brown shorts and black muscle tee " hello beautiful"he smiled at me. 

I blush and smiled " hey" .  I walk over to him and smile as I take his hand in mine and we walk downstairs together.

As we walked to the dining room we got looks from the others, You could feel the tension and fear from the other pack members. We walk into the dining room I keep close to Derek's side, He leaned down and whispered into my ear " stand tall don't be scared my love" I smiled and kept my back straight smiling as I stand tall. We walk into the dining room and sit down as our food is being served to us. Me and Derek both stayed quiet as we ate our breakfast.

Dillon walked into the dining room, " after you guys eat we need to talk in the office.....please" he said worried. Derek nodded and I softly rub his arm up and down.

After Breakfast we walk into Derek's office and Derek sat at his desk and I sat on his lap. Dillion stood in front of the desk " you need to tell the pack what happened people are accusing you of killing him only to take his position as alpha" Dillion started pacing so I got up and grabbed Dillion and hugged him " calm down... take a seat and breath" I walk back and sit on Derek's lap. I Looked at Derek as he thought, " okay there will be a pack meeting tonight explaining what happened and we will work out positions and we will put up a schedule for who's on patrol or not" I smiled and kissed his cheek and Dillion smiled. " yes alpha Ill send out word about the meeting" Dillion smiled as he walked and shut the door I looked at Derek "are you gonna be okay while you tell the pack what happened" I asked worried.

He smiled and rest his hands on my cheeks " as long as I have you by my side Ill be okay" he kissed me softly then pulled back. " I love you" he smiled at me. " I love you too" I smiled at him and kissed him as Dillion walked in. " get a room" Dillion said jokingly and Derek chuckled and shook his head. Dillion smiled "let's get to business" Dillion said Excited. I giggle and get pen and A notebook out "Ill Write down whatever you guys decide" I smiled. Dillion smiled at me earning a growl from Derek. Dillion Looked down respecting his alpha.

For the rest of the afternoon the three of us made decisions about positions in the pack and who was gonna do patrol. I close the book and type it all out and print it out and smile "we are all done" I smile and Derek kissed my cheek and smile "lets go get ready for the meeting" I smiled as he nodded and we both got up " you go ahead I actually wanna talk to Dillion for a sec " Derek nodded and kissed my head. he walked out and I looked at Dillion "thank you for everything" I said. Dillion looked at me " your welcome but you know you dont have to say thank you" He said 

I nod " ya I do but also I wanted to tell you is that if something happens to Derek that you need to be ready to step up as alpha I'm just scared that he's gonna lose his mind and one day he wont mentally be an alpha" Dillion nodded " I understand" he said. I smiled "your such an awesome friend to me and Derek" I smiled and walked away up to our room and Derek was sitting on our bed looking at a picture of him, his mom and dad smiling. I walk up and kiss his head he pulls me close and cries into my stomach. I frown and wrap my arms around him kiss his head and rub his back. After 5 minuets of nuzzling my stomach trying to calm down he looks up at me "I'm sorry" he said. "babe theres nothing to be sorry about" I lifted his head "everyone cries thats what makes you human" I smiled and kissed him " you are the best wife ever" he smiled. "I kiss his head "lets get ready " I smiled he looked at me confused " for what?" 

"for you to tell the pack what really happened"