Chapter 13: Sandy Deserts of Pyramids

In the morning of Egypt, the crew were riding on camels again. The sun was beaming on them and it was really, really hot. Sully's back was covered with sweat.

Sully: "Hey, kid. I'M BURNING UP OVER HERE! Can we stop?"

Nathan: "No, we can't stop now, Sully. We have to keep moving. You don't see me complaining, right? Why should you?"

Sully: "This stinks, the camels stink, I'm stink. Hell, WE'RE ALL STINKING RIGHT NOW!"

Nathan: "Will you please keep it down, Sully? Remember you agreed that we were leaving early and you said okay."

Sully: "Because I wanted to leave later on, but you said we're leaving early and it's damn hot out here!"

Nathan: "Calm down, will you? The downside about the deserts is that at night, the deserts gets very cold very fast. So you have nothing to worry about."

Jonah: "That is in fact true."

Lara: "I agree."

Nathan: "Jonah, how far is the crown pieces?"

Jonah: "Hmm. Let's see." He looks at the map. "It's about a few days away, Nathan."

Nathan: "Hmm. Sure is taking its time away."

Jonah: "But wait." Everybody stopped in their tracks.

Sully: "What is it, Jonah?"

Jonah: "There is one pyramid that has one of them in there."

Sully: "Really? Where?"

Jonah: "At the pyramid of Giza. The most biggest pyramid in ancient Egypt."

Nathan: "Wow. Is it near here?"

Jonah: "No. I'm afraid not. It's pretty far away from where we're at."

Nathan: "Damn."

Sully: "Well, at least we know where one of them are."

Jonah: "True."

Nathan: "Alright, guys. Let's keep on moving. In a few minutes, we're going to take a break, so we can eat."

Sully: "I got the food supplies."

Nathan: "Good." While the few minutes were running, they took a break and ate some food. Then next thing you know it was starting to get dark in Egypt fairly quickly.

Sully: "Wow, it got dark that fast?"

Nathan: "Time flies." The moon came out and everybody just set up their tents. One of the Egyptians saw them camping out.

Egyptian 1: (Speaks Egyptian) "Leader, they are camping out and they probably got the Emerald of Charta. What do we do?"

Leader Egyptian: (Speaks Egyptian) "We wait and I will give you the signal."

Egyptian 2: (Speaks Egyptian) "Maybe that young woman has it in her bag."

Leader Egyptian: (Speaks Egyptian) "Then take the Emerald and burn their camps to the ground."

Egyptian 2: (Speaks Egyptian) "Okay." The Egyptian 4's eyes looked really sad and didn't want them to burn the tents and hurt the woman and Egyptian 2 went down the cliff with a dagger and Egyptian 4 followed him.
Meanwhile, back to the crew. They were eating.

Sully: "This is really good."

Nathan: "Yep. This is pretty good." They were eating deer meat they brought back from the flea market.

Jonah: "This is delicious. Good job, Nathan."

Nathan: "Thanks, Jonah." Lara looked up at Nathan, curious.

Nathan: "Lara, you're not gonna eat?"

Sully: "Yeah. Is there a problem?"

Lara: "Nathan. I have to know. What happened last night?"

Nathan: "Uh, nothing really."

Lara: "Nathan, tell me."

Nathan: "Um, I don't think so."

Lara: "Nathan, just tell me."

Nathan: "No way."

Lara: "Tell me!"

Nathan: "Uh uh."

Lara: "NOW! Nathan!"

Sully: "Tell her, kid! She needs to know."

Nathan: "Okay, okay. Fine. Sully bought red rum and I snuck into his bag and gave you some. I had some too, but then you got drunk. Very drunk."

Lara: "How drunk?"

Nathan: "Very hardcore. You even tried to fall in love with me when you were drunk as hell, but I couldn't resist. You wanted me so bad." Lara was so shocked to hear all that. She got up.

Lara was irritated and frustrated. "Ooh! Ugh!" And with that she stormed into her tent and closed the door.

Nathan was confused and shrugged. "What? What did I say?"

Sully: "Nice one, kid. Real nice."

Jonah: "Well, I'm full. I'm going to sleep."

Sully: "Yep. Great job, kid. You'll never get a woman in your life. That's it. Game over."

Nathan: "Shut up, Sully. And get some sleep."

Sully: "I am." He went into his tent. Nathan saw something strange in the ground. Footprints and not Lara's footprints. It was a strangers' footprint that was heading into her tent. Nathan took out a revolver and stepped up close to Lara's tent. In Lara's tent, Lara was pacing back and forth while her hair was down.

Lara: "I can't believe I was going to kiss him and I wasn't even ready for that. Even though I want to. It's just.." She realizes what she was about to say and shook her head. "....it was just the damn rum taking over! I should've done better than that!" She went to the mirror to brush her long brunette hair until her journal fell from the sink. She suddenly stopped and looked down to pick it up.

 She suddenly stopped and looked down to pick it up

Lara: "Damn." She picked up the book once more and put it on her bed. She looks in the mirror and saw someone behind her with a dagger. Lara gasps and she was frightened.

Egyptian 2: "Shhhh. Shhh. Don't be afraid." He slowly puts his hand on her waist and the dagger to her neck. "Where is the Emerald?"

Lara: "Um, Nathan?" Nathan took a peek and saw Lara being held hostage.

Egyptian 2: "The Emerald. Where is it?" The dagger is getting closer to Lara's beautiful neck.

Lara: "The Emerald? The Emerald. What Emerald?"

Nathan: "Lara!" He came in with a revolver. Egyptian 2 grabbed her by the neck. Nathan shot the Egyptian in the back. Lara was coughing and breathing heavily.

Nathan: "You still breathing?"

Lara: "Am I suppose to be surprised that you came to my rescue not sober?"

Nathan: "Right. Sorry about last night." They both heard yelling and screaming.

Nathan: "Come on!" They both went outside and saw fire around them with Egyptians fighting American soldiers on horses out of nowhere.

Nathan: "Aww, hell no!"

(End of Chapter 13: Sandy Deserts of Pyramids.)