Chapter 9. Final Auditions And Wedding Plans

THE ROCKMANTICS - CHAPTER 9

"Axel?" I repeated.

"And you are?" he said looking unsure at his saviour.

"Rosalyn but you can call me Rose." I said after a moment trying to process everything.

He narrowed his eyes at me before wincing in pain.

"Let's get you to nurse," I said guiding him. "Are you sure you can walk?"

"I can walk just fine," he snapped. 

I gave him incredulous look. What a great way to thank! I just saved this guy from his bullies and he's being ass to me. Well last time I saved someone from bullies he ended up being my best friend. Yes I am talking about Kevin.

"Hello mademoiselle," Nurse Aldridge greeted me.

"Hey, I got you someone to heal. Can you take care of him?" I smiled at her.

"Of course," she stared with cleaning his cuts. There weren't any broken bones but the punches had left ugly bruises.

"It's rare to see you bring injured student in here," she said. "Elite has a good hearted Queen bee."

I laughed, "You just miss seeing me around."

Back when Kevin had joined the team first he used to get injured alot and we came to Nurse Aldridge so much that I eventually learned how to take care of Kevin's wound by myself. I'm sure I still had the skill but I'm not risking trying it on anyone else.

After saying adieus to Nurse Aldridge I offered to walk Axel outside.

"I'm sorry your first day had to be like this," I felt like a need to say that to him.

"You don't need to apologise," he smiled softly. And boy did he have heartwarming smile.

"I swear there are better people in here than them," I nodded trying to assure him.

"I'm sure. You're too nice for someone who rules the school," he said.

"I uh- I don't rule the school."

"And modest too," he looked amused.

My phone rang before I could reply him. Seth's name flashed on the screen and suddenly I was reminded about the final auditions that were going to be taking place right now.

"Yeah be there in 5," I said and hung up.

"I need to go. Take care and sit with me and my friends at lunch when you are back at school," I said scanning his wounds one last time. He should be able to come back in two days.

He thanked me before getting in his car. He smiled before riding away.

That freaking smile!

He has the cutest smile in Elite, I swear.

My phone buzzed again and I was running to the auditorium.

Testing the skills of finale ten competitors was the hardest part. They all were so surreal. So we decided to have a personality check as well because as Giselle said, "I wouldn't want to play drums with someone who cares more about her shoes than the performance."

"Thank goodness I'm not in the band," Lena squeaked before adoring her white heels.

Most of the questions asked were related to music and few of them answered really well. It mostly fun asking questions to David, exceptionally dorky guy.

"Since when have you been playing piano?" Lena asked him.

"Since I was five. I could barely pronounce piano back then but my grandfather forced me to take lessons," he shared more than necessary information.