Chapter 1

The day started out like any other. I woke up, took a shower, got dressed and did my hair and make up, ate breakfest, and left for school.

I met up with Zoey and Aiden in the foyer where we usually talked before class. As I walked over to them I noticed the populars standing in the middle of the foyer. Eli stood in the center of the group and was as usual, the main focus of everyone around him. Jason Marx, his right hand man was in his place by Eli's side getting almost as much attention as Eli himself.

The guys talked girls and sports with them and the girls threw themselves at their feet like they were gods.

Rolling me eyes as I walked past them, I ignored the insults that were thrown my way at the mere sight of me. I flipped . them all the bird over my shoulder.

I had learned to not let them bother me a long time ago.

When I reached Zoey and Aiden I was immediatly tackled in a bone crushing hug. "Lills! How's my favorite girl?" Zoey souted in my ear. She had way too much energy for someone as small as she was.I chocked out a laugh.

"Great, Zoey. Now can you please do me a favor and let me go?" She laughed and let me go after giving me one last bone crushing squeeze.

I looked over to Aiden to see him glaring at the populars with his hands in fists at his side. Frowning, I waved my hand in his face. "Hello? Earth to Aiden."

He turned to me and blinked a few times as if he had just noticed I was there.

"Oh. I'm sorry, Lilly. I just hate the way that they treat you. You don't deserve it."

I sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you Aiden? They stopped bothering me a long time ago."

After talking for a bit more we went our seperat ways.I went to my locker, got my stuff and headed to first hour. Twenty minutes into class a police officer came into the classroom. What could he possibly be here for?

The cop talked to the teacher for a few minutes and I noticed that they took nervous glances in my direction every few seconds.

"Ms. Sawyer? Can I see you in the hallway?"

The police officer asked and I frowned before nodding. People snickered as I waslked past them, happy that it looked like I was in trouble.

I closed the door behind myself and looked at the officer expectantly.

"Well?"

He cleared his throat before opening his mouth to answer, a stotic expression filling his tired looking face.

"I'm sorry Ms. Sawyer. Your parents were in a car accident this morning."

I didn't get what he was trying to tell me at first. "Well, are they okay? Did they ask to see me?"

That's when the police officer started to look uncomfortable. "Your parents are dead, Ms.Sawyer."

I was frozen in shock. Dead? No. They couldn't be.

They were just alive and speaking to me this morning. He had to be lying.

But then again, why would he lie about something as serious as this?

That's when it hit me.

He wasn't lying. My parents were dead.