One

Music blasted through the speakers at each corner of the crowded room. Bodies were pressed against bodies, sweat and sex infecting the air. Red cups were everywhere; in hands, on the ground or on plants. It was about one in the morning and most people were drunk, which was absolutely perfect to Briella.

Her gaze travelled the room, looking for those dreadlocks. He had to be there; he never missed a party... Sure enough, within seconds, she found him, near the kitchen. He had trapped a blond against the wall, one of the red cups in his hand. Just like Briella had seen many times before, he had tilted the cup towards the girl's lips, urging her to drink the alcohol. But Briella knew that it was not just alcohol... It was what he used to hurt them... It was what made him powerful against them...

Briella walked to them, keeping her eyes on his dark skin, his dreadlocks, that ridiculous earring of his... She could not allow herself to lose sight of him, not even for a second. She stole one cup from a dancer and downed the liquid in one second. As quickly, she tossed the cup away, ignoring the curse which accompanied the movement. Titan from Blasterjaxx & Badd Dimes boomed across the room, deafening her ears in a pleasant way. She swayed her hips to the beat as she continued to walk, enjoying the feeling to the maximum. Adrenaline and anticipation pumped through her veins, making her grin foolishly even if she was not drunk.

As she approached the one night couple, her grin widened. They were sucking each other's face with passion, seconds away from tearing their clothes. She imagined her next actions and impatience washed over her, almost blinding her. She stood right behind Darren Ross and shouted:

"Hey, you! Get off my boyfriend!"

The girl instantly pulled away, her green eyes widening when she saw the glare Briella was shooting her way. She pushed Darren and rushed away, disappearing. Darren downed his cup before turning to Briella.

"Hey babe! What you're- Wait! You're not my girlfriend!"

His words slurred, urging Briella to shake her head. The smile resettled on her red lips as she moved towards him. She tightly grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the back door. They pushed against bodies, but it did not stop Briella; her determination making up for her short height.

"Jessica! Where are we going?" he asked as they continued past the stairs, towards the backdoor.

Looking over her shoulder, she grinned at him, "You'll see!"

It was dark outside. Only a few conscious people were on the lawn, dragging on cigarettes or sipping beer. They were unaware children, thinking that they had the whole world at their feet.

"Where's your car?" asked Briella impatiently.

With each passing second, she got more and more eager to act. It was nearly impossible to stand still and not press him against the fence to have what she had been waiting for... But it was not the right time yet... Darren lifted a swaying arm, pointing at a blue car. Briella did not care about the type of car or anything as long as it took her to where she wanted to go.

Hastily, she pushed Darren in the passenger's seat and slid behind the wheel. She had already started the engine when she closed the door. She pressed on the accelerator, forcing the car forward. Darren chuckled loudly.

***

Their destination came in sight and Briella pulled beside the front gate. Before Darren could do more than open the door, she had reached him. She helped him out of the car and into the building. At night, the place had a different look; the dark hallways, the pale walls, the silence... It almost seemed haunted.