Chapter 15

Ace's P.O.V

It had been a few months. Things seem to be going well with the pregnancy, Krystal's seven months in now. She wanted to go with me to pick Thomas up but I thought it would be to dangerous so I told her to stay home. I'm going to try and do everything I need to within the one day.

“I love you baby girl. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon I promise” I say as I kiss her passionately.

She had her father drive us to the airport in our new family safe Jeep.

“I love you too” She says as she becomes teary.

I place my bag on the floor and envelop her in a hug.

“Baby please don't cry. I'll be back soon” I assure hear.

“I wish I were going with you” She mumbles into my chest.

“I know baby but I don't want to risk it” I whisper.

She nods her head before pulling away slightly. I kiss her lips tenderly before walking onto the plane.

I arrived late at night for Australia. I hopped out of my taxi and walked up to the entrance of the orphanage. On the way there I was greeted by Thomas. I picked him up smiling. This little boy is really something special. I walk to the front desk with Thomas in my hands.

“Mr Tanner, I've got all the forms read for you. All of his things have been placed in plastic bags already” The manager says.

I frown slightly. I wish they would supply proper suitcases. I sign the papers with Thomas on my hip. I had ordered a passport for him already so e're all set to go, as soon as this is done, I'm heading straight back to the airport. Once the papers were signed I grabbed his bags and walked to the cab. Thomas started to cry.

“You're leaving already?” He sobs. I stop and hug him to my chest.

“Thomas” I say his name but get no answer.

“Take me with you please. You promised” He cries.

“Thomas listen to me” I say as I lift his head.

He watches me with tears close to falling. I kiss his forehead.

“I'm going home, but you're coming with me. I promised you I would, I keep my promises” I whisper the last bit.

I watch as his whole face lights up. He hugs me tightly as I smile. I place him into the cab with me and his things, heading for the airport. Once at the airport I got our tickets and all we had to do was wait an hour so they could get the plane ready.

“You ready?” I ask as I hold him to my hip.

He nods his head but I could see he was slightly scared at the thought of going on a plane.

“You'll be safe with me Tommy” I assure him. He smiles up at me.

We boarded the plane and I kept one of my arms around him the whole time so he could feel safe. We landed late afternoon in australia. Thomas was asleep so I carried him out, his head resting on my shoulder and my arm wrapped around the back of his thighs as I placed my hand on his back so he was secure. I got a flight attendant to carry the bags to the car.

I had texted Kyle before I picked Thomas up from his seat that we were here so he was waiting out the front. I placed Thomas down in the back of the jeep before hopping in the back next to him. Krystal had stayed home to sleep. I knew she wouldn't be happy that Kyle didn't wake her but she needs her sleep.

“Do you think he'll like it here?” Kyle asks.

I smile and nod my head while I stroke his hair.