chapter8: Let's Talk

Chapter 8

Jace didn’t think Clary was strong enough to portal so he suggested they walk. They held hands the whole way, glancing at each other now and then. Clary looked like she was about to drop. Magnus's apartment was still miles away. Clary began walking slower clinging harder to Jace.

"Clary?" Jace asked her, becoming anxious. But, she didn't answer. Her eyes began to close, sleep weighing heavily on her. Jace put his arm around Clary's waist trying to support her. She then lost whatever grip she had left on the world and fell limp in his arms.

The door to Magnus's apartments burst open. Jace scrambled to the nearest bedroom and laid Clary down gently among the pillows. She was asleep. Jace began drawing runes along her arms. He drew the ones for healing, peace... When he finished, Jace sat back admiring his work. He prayed that she would be okay. it killed him to see her in pain. Prayed, that she would open her eyes so he could see that brilliant color of green he loved so much. Clary's eyes than began to flutter. She opened them slightly and winced. Her hands began moving around besides her searching for something.

"Jace?" she asked her voice full of pain and longing. He gently put his hand in hers, holding tightly.

"I'm right here, it’s okay." said Jace.

"Stay with me." she said. Her eyes began to close again. He kissed her lightly, and then said,

"I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." A small smile played across her lips, gone quickly as she fell asleep. He smiled to himself, holding her hand harder than ever before.

Clary had finally woken up. She was feeling better, but not perfect. The last thing she could remember was Jace kissing her before she fell asleep again. The door opened slightly, and she saw Jace stick his head through the door. "Thank God your awake." he said. "I thought you'd gone into a coma."

"Yea, because we totally need another one of those."

He laughed, walked over to the bed and sat down beside her. She grabbed his hand trying to lighten the mood. He noticed cuts around her wrist from where the handcuffs had been. His eyebrows scrunched together as began examining her wrist.

"How are your hands?" Jace asked.

She just shrugged and smiled. "Fine."

"What?" he asked her smiling. It accured to her how this was the first time in a while, they were actually alone and happy.

"I was just thinking how much this reminds me of that day when you came check on me in the infirmary after Isabelle and I went hunting at that church."

His smile faded. "Except then I was beginning to lose my mind. And I hurt you." He looked down at their intertwined hands.

She reached out and forced his chin up so that he was looking at her. "That wasn't you."

"I know." he said. "It scares me you know, that I can hurt you. If I can imagine everyone one else, what are they going to do to you?"

"I'm not going to lie to you. Sebastian did hurt me." They stared at each other for a moment. They continued to hold each other’s gaze. A tear dropped down her face and she wiped it away sniffing. "But I don't want you to ask about it. I just want to forget what happened."

"Please?" she asked. Another tear fell but Clary didn't bother to wipe it away.

"Okay." he finally answered. She pulled him into a hug and he hugged her back. Clary took in the smell of him. Like his soap, shampoo, and sunshine, all Jace. He smelled safe, like home.