Chapter 2

The library looks as if a EF five tornado has hit. There are desk, papers, and computers thrown everywhere. There in the corner of the room sat a rubble pile of bricks, at least ten feet high. The south wall was completely gone, it has caved into the other room. The book shelves topled ontop of each other, the glass in the front windows broken out. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I notice something move from beneath the rubble pile. "Austin, let me help you." Daniel says as he grabs my wrist and helps me out of the hole. "It looks like hell." Daniel says as he drops he hands to his side. 

Daniel contiuns to talk on about something, but my mind was else where. I focuse on the rubble pile waiting for what ever it was to move again. There, it moved again! It looks like a hand. "Daniel do you see that?" I ask as I point towards the rubbled pile. Daniel and I then make our way closer to the rubble pile. Then I notice a heavy, muffeled, breaths exscape from beneath the rubble. Daniel and I look at each other then back down to the rubble. 

Daniel and I both drop to our knees and began to removed the rubble from utop of who ever it was. "Daniel move faster!" I yell as there became fewer and fewer rocks. I picked up a big boulder revealing a fimiliar face. I tossed the rock across the room and pulled the kid out from the rubble. It was a friend, Jeztin. 

"Jeztin, what happened?" I yell as I help him to a chair that sat upright next to the pile. 

" I don't know. All I remeber is hearing a loud thud, some screaming, and then I blacked out." He says as he rubbs his head. I grab the klenex box that sat on the librarian's desk. The box was tattered and torn, but it will do. Jeztin's face is covered in blood, a small brusie just under the bottom right of his lip. 

"Here, this may hurt a little." I say as I began to remove the blood from his face, wiping it away with the klenex. Slowly I clean the blood off, his natural dark skin tone returning. "Are you alright?" I ask as I finish cleaning the blood from his face.

"For a wall falling in on me? Yeah, I think I'm doing pretty well." Jeztin says with a small laugh.  He grabs his right arm and lets out a painfull sigh. "I think I broke my arm." He says as he rolls up his sleeve. Slowly as he rolls up his sleeve a large, painfull looking, brusise apears. 

"Damn," Daniel says. "You did break it. We need to get you out of here." He says as he goes to grab Jeztin. I step between Daniel and Jeztin, 

"It's not broken, its just brusised. That's it." I say as I examine his arm closer. I don't see any bumps, or displacement. So it's not broken. 

"Are you sure?" Daniel asks.

"Yes." I say as I turn around and began walking to the library door. "Now are you guys comming? Because the last time I checked I'm the only one with the gun." I say as I wave my gun in the air.